‘Ghajini’ statuette to hit the market on Aamir’s birthdayMarch 13th, 2009 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 13 (IANS) If you think that the “Ghajini” fever was over, think again. The producers of the movie are launching limited-edition Aamir Khan-statuettes based on his character in the film on the star’s 44th birthday March 14.
The collector’s item is a detailed replica of the eight-pack abs character Sanjay Singhania from the movie and has been manufactured in China in a limited edition of only 2,000 pieces, a statement said here Friday.
“The response to ‘Ghajini’ has been overwhelming and Aamir’s performance has been much appreciated by audiences across the world and it makes us feel very proud to unveil the limited edition ‘Ghajini’ statuette on his birthday,” said Madhu Mantena, who co-produced the superhit with Allu Arvind.
“The Ghajini statuette is much more than just merchandise. It is a very carefully designed and crafted piece of the film itself that fans can cherish for many years,” he added.
The statuette will be available on www.bollywoodhungama.com midnight onwards March 14.
“Ghajini” grossed around Rs.3 billion worldwide. The film was followed by a PC game called “Ghajini The Game” also featuring Aamir.
- Imran Khan In A South Indian Film - Sep 02, 2010
- 'Ghajini' producer presents gold statuette to Aamir Khan - Jan 14, 2009
- 'Ghajini' computer games to hit the market this week - Jan 02, 2009
- Telugu Movie Badrinath To Start Shooting On July 26 - Jul 17, 2010
- Ram Gopal Varma To Edit Newspaper! - Dec 26, 2009
- Looking forward to the day when Salman gets married: Aamir - Mar 14, 2011
- Burke to create charity clothing line - Nov 12, 2011
- 'Ghajini' producers now want both Aamir and Hrithik - Sep 28, 2009
- Ram Gopal Varma turns newspaper editor - Dec 26, 2009
- Aamir was invited on board 'Ghajini' by film's villain: Producer - Dec 28, 2008
- Iron Maiden selling t-shirts to help Japan - Mar 19, 2011
- Aamir's TV show delays 'Talaash' release - Mar 14, 2012
- Shahid to lose muscular look - Dec 03, 2009
- Diane Von Furstenberg to create Evian bottle - Jul 24, 2012
- Bombay High Court allows 'Ghajini' release (Lead) - Dec 23, 2008