‘Ghajini’ is an event, says Aamir KhanDecember 15th, 2008 - 8:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 15 (IANS) Actor Aamir Khan, whose hairstyle in the film “Ghajini” has been imitated by the ushers and employees of various multiplexes as part of a special promotional activity, said that the movie is an event in itself.Aamir said: “It normally doesn’t happen that the entire chain of theatres accept the look of a character in a film. It doesn’t happen with every film.”
“Theatres are looking at ‘Ghajini’ as an event and it has become an event in itself,” Aamir said while speaking to reporters here Monday.
“I am extremely happy with the idea and the enthusiasm shown by volunteers in accepting the look,” he added.
Aamir said the hairstyle of the character in the film was the same as that of south Indian star Surya.
He said: “We have kept the same hairstyle as Surya, who played the lead role in the Tamil version of ‘Ghajini’.”
Aamir denied that the promotion activity of his film was to challenge Shah Rukh’s “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”.
“Our marketing team had come up with the idea long back and it has nothing to do with Shah Rukh’s film,” he said.
On being asked about what he thought about Shah Rukh’s latest release “Rab Ne..”, Aamir said: “I have not seen it yet, as I have no time.”
Aamir felt that his leading lady in “Ghajini” Asin would take everyone by surprise.
“Asin is the surprise package (of the film) and I think the whole country will be floored by her talent,” the actor said.
Giving “Ghajini” competition when it releases Dec 25 will be the animation film “Jumbo” for which actor Akshay Kumar has lent his voice.
Aamir, however, feels that there is no competition between the two films.
“‘Jumbo’ is an animation film and I think there is no clash with it,” the actor said.
- Asin wants to reach masses with commercial films - Jul 05, 2012
- 'Velayutham' is special: Tamil star Vijay - Oct 16, 2011
- A twirl, a shine...moustache magic in Bollywood - Mar 31, 2011
- Bonding with co-stars works for romantic film: SRK - Sep 26, 2011
- Fresh pairs in new releases this month - Sep 02, 2010
- Working with new actors a learning experience: SRK - Aug 06, 2012
- Reality better than dreams: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Apr 27, 2012
- 'Ghajini' already a hit at ticket counters - Dec 23, 2008
- Who is bigger brand Shah Rukh or Aamir? - Dec 18, 2008
- Never had three-film deal with Yash Raj: Anushka Sharma (Interview) - Dec 08, 2010
- Salman, Katrina look wonderful together: Shah Rukh - Aug 06, 2012
- 'Rab Ne...' will always remain special: Anushka Sharma - Dec 10, 2011
- It was refreshing to work with Katrina: Anushka Sharma - Aug 08, 2012
- Asin wants to do only commercial movies - Mar 22, 2012
- Anushka Sharma Won’t Be A Part Of 'Desi Boyz' - Dec 04, 2010