‘Ghajini’ computer games to hit the market this weekJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 2 (IANS) Now that the producers of “Ghajini” have claimed to make profits of more than Rs.1 billion in the first five days of its release, it’s time to move the film’s success to another level.A PC game, named Ghajini The Game, featuring Aamir Khan, is ready to hit the market this week.
Earlier the video game was scheduled to hit the market a month before the “Ghajini” release.
“But we wanted to polish it up more, and use it as a USP after the film’s release when audiences are really interested in the chase aspect of the plot that manoeuvres the game,” says “Ghajini” producer Madhu Mantena.
Designed by Shashi Reddy, chairperson of FX Labs and Ghajini’s co-producer Madhu Mantena, Ghajini The Game was executed at a cost approximately Rs.30 million.
Mantena said: “It’s as slick as any cat-and-mouse PC Game with a computerised Aamir Khan looking like a replica of what he did in ‘Ghajini’ (same hairstyle included) chasing the villains. Basically the game borrows the ‘Ghajini’ plot from the time Aamir’s character is hit on the head to the time he catches and kills the first villain.”
Other games in the series will carry the chase further.
“The idea is to take the success of ‘Ghajini’ further. And that’s why the player has to get Ghajini The Game right in 15 minutes. Or he has to start again. That’s the time-span for which our hero regains his memory, remember?” Mantena said.
- Ram Gopal Varma To Edit Newspaper! - Dec 26, 2009
- John's New Role Model Is Aamir Khan - Jul 06, 2010
- 'Ghajini' statuette to hit the market on Aamir's birthday - Mar 13, 2009
- Ram Gopal Varma turns newspaper editor - Dec 26, 2009
- 'Ghajini' producer presents gold statuette to Aamir Khan - Jan 14, 2009
- 'Ghajini' producers now want both Aamir and Hrithik - Sep 28, 2009
- Aamir was invited on board 'Ghajini' by film's villain: Producer - Dec 28, 2008
- A hit Bollywood producer reveals his golden rule - Apr 07, 2011
- Aamir's TV show delays 'Talaash' release - Mar 14, 2012
- The year Aamir, Farhan changed Bollywood creativity - Jul 26, 2011
- 'Ghajini' three hours long, but makers not worried - Dec 17, 2008
- Bollywood badshahs: 40-plus and reigning (Feature) - Jul 28, 2011
- Aamir is 'Mr.Midas touch', says Salman - Aug 11, 2010
- 'Jhootha Hi Sahi' release delayed as Rahman is busy - Oct 06, 2010
- Ranveer to woo Sonakshi with Dev Anand's songs - Dec 15, 2011