Get ready to see Parminder Nagra’s sex-scenes with Ray WinstoneMay 4th, 2009 - 5:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 4 (ANI): After debuting as a girl from a conservative Indian family in Brit flick ‘Bend It Like Beckham’, Parminder Nagra has turned herself into one of America’s hottest TV actresses and is now doing sex scenes with Ray Winstone for a new series.
Living a luxurious life in her fancy pad in Beverly Hills with her British photographer husband James Stenson, Nagra is due to give birth to her first baby soon.
But, before getting pregnant, the actress returned to the UK to film her latest British offering, ‘Compulsion’, a dark ITV1 drama about the overwhelming power of sexual obsession, which sees her appear alongside Winstone.
Parminder plays a rich student whose traditional Indian father is mapping out an arranged marriage for his beloved daughter, against her wishes.
The family chauffeur, Don Flowers, played by Ray, offers her a way out if she would agree to sleep with him and the scene is set for a powerful, sexually charged affair which ultimately ends in tragedy.
The script demanded sex scenes and nudity, which Parminder approached with a cool head.
Shot before her pregnancy, the scenes don’t show any embarrassing bumps and wobbly bits, but stripping off in front of a room full of cameramen wasn’t a moment she liked.
“I was worried about the nudity, it’s a huge thing for me, but those scenes have to be in there because the story is about obsession and lust so you can’t do it without them,’ the Mirror quoted her as saying.
She added: “So we just got on with the sex scenes. It’s funny, you talk about what position you’re going for and then you just go for it”
“Most of the time, Ray and I talked about food, I don’t know why, but we always ended up telling each other what we’d had for dinner! It took our minds off it. You do get nervous, but when you’ve been doing them for a while, the only way is just to tackle it. Or as Ray says, ‘Bosh!’, and then you’re done!” (ANI)
- Parminder Nagra splits from husband - Feb 10, 2012
- Nudity hits Parminder Nagra - May 05, 2009
- Parminder Nagra's divorce gets ugly - Jun 29, 2012
- Parminder Nagra, hubby welcome baby boy - May 28, 2009
- Being nude: Nothing unnatural about it (Feature) - Oct 23, 2011
- Getting nude easier than mastering Brit accent: Hathaway - Aug 24, 2011
- Hathaway uncomfortable with sex scenes in new film - Dec 24, 2010
- I hate being called Kainaz 'Bold' Motivala: Kainaz - Jul 12, 2012
- Jamie Oliver's show criticised over boys being asked for sperm samples - Feb 21, 2011
- Parminder Nagra plans post baby break - Jan 23, 2009
- EastEnders fans complain of sea-sickness after watching camera wobbling scene - Jul 19, 2011
- Alice Eve facing flak for 'gratuitous' nude scene in 'Sex and the City 2' - Jun 14, 2010
- I won't strip for a role again: Natalie Portman - Jan 08, 2010
- YouTube removes sex video implicating Malaysian opposition leader - Apr 05, 2011
- Boldness a state of mind: Bengali actress Paoli Dam (Interview) - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: beloved daughter, bend it like beckham, british photographer, cameramen, chauffeur, compulsion, cool head, doing sex, hottest tv, james stenson, luxurious life, nudity, overwhelming power, parminder nagra, ray winstone, sex scenes, sexual obsession, time ray, tv actresses, wobbly bits