Get ready for a rush of new releasesJune 6th, 2009 - 6:08 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Now that the ongoing strike between the producers and multiplex owners is finally over, fans of Bollywood films should now get prepared for a rush of new releases that were put on hold because of the strike.
The onslaught begins with Vashu Bhagnani’s Kal Kissne Dekha to be the first film to release post end of strike. This Vivek Sharma directed film will release on coming Friday, 12th June, 2009. It will be the first Bollywood film to release worldwide after the two month strike between Producers-Distributors and Exhibitors. Announcing the release date, Sunir Kheterpal, Chief Operating Officer, BIG Pictures says, “We are glad to announce that BIG Pictures and Vashu Bhagnani’s much awaited film “Kal Kissne Dekha’ will release worldwide on 12th June. The audience will now have the option to watch “Kal Kissne Dekha’ is any cinema of their choice and we hope to attract significant number of audience as this is the first release after over two months.”
June 26th shall see the release of Yash Raj Films’ Kabir Khan directed New York starring John Abraham, Katrina Kaif and Neil Nitin Mukesh. On July 10th the much awaited Akshay Kumar – Kareena Kapoor starrer Kambakkht Ishq will release. There are chances of Mahesh Bhatt’s Adhyayan Suman - Shahana Goswami starrer Jashn to release on the same day as well. On July 24th Ram Gopal Varma’s thriller Agyaat will see the light of the day followed by Saif Ali Khan’s maiden production Love Aaj Kal on July 31st.
The big release this Independence Day weekend will be Amitabh Bachchan – Ritesh Deshmukh – Sanjay Dutt starrer Aladin directed by Sujoy Ghosh of Jhankar Beats fame. It will release on August 14th.
There are chances of Sohail Khan’s Kisaan and Salman Khan starrer Wanted to be squeezed in anywhere between the above mentioned dates.
- 500 screens release for Kal Kissne Dekha worldwide - Jun 11, 2009
- Comparison with Salman makes Jackky happy - Aug 30, 2012
- Vashu Bhagnani postpones Film Kal Kissne Dekha - May 29, 2009
- Akshay says no to Vashu Bhagnani’s Faltu - Oct 07, 2010
- Production houses announce release dates of major films - Jun 05, 2009
- Dutt to play DJ in Kal Kissne Dekha - Mar 20, 2009
- 'Kal Kissne Dekha' - of love and supernatural powers (IANS Preview) - Jun 08, 2009
- Kal Kisne Dekha hai release pushed ahead further - May 25, 2009
- KAL KISSNE DEKHA GOLDEN NIGHTS - May 23, 2009
- Bollywood biggies lined up for release post-strike - Jun 04, 2009
- Bollywood rejoices after settling dispute with multiplexes (Lead) - Jun 05, 2009
- Hugely promoted 'Kal Kissne Dekha' gets dull opening - Jun 15, 2009
- Shaan wants to stop alcohol promotion in movies (Movie snippets) - May 28, 2012
- Bollywood producers reach deal with multiplexes, end strike - Jun 05, 2009
- 'F.A.L.T.U' not a dance film: Jackky Bhagnani - Jun 18, 2010
Tags: akshay kumar, amitabh bachchan, awaited film, bollywood film, bollywood films, goswami, ishq, john abraham, kareena kapoor, katrina kaif, mahesh bhatt, nitin mukesh, ram gopal, ritesh deshmukh, saif ali khan, salman khan, sanjay dutt, shahana, sohail khan, yash raj films