Get Gorgeous winner Priyanka Shah makes her Tamil film debutMay 13th, 2009 - 2:06 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Get Gorgeous winner Priyanka Shah is making her debut as heroine opposite Sibiraj and Kannada actor Vishal Hegde in Kalla Kadhalan, produced by Gaurav Sharma and directed by Ramya. The tall and pretty Priyanka is a Pantaloons Femina Miss India Tourism 2007 winner, Channel V’s GetGorgeous winner, Miss India International winner, Zoom Levis divawinner, celebrity PETA activist and the Indian captain of ladies netball team.
Priyanka Shah, a stunning-looking Ex-Miss India, has been cast opposite Sibiraj. Director Ramya, originally called Suresh, has written the story and screenplay for the Vijaykanth - Suriya starrer ‘Periyanna’, and returns to Tamil after doing a Telugu blockbuster ‘Naga’. He has made a script adapting the Ramayana for his film, ‘Kalla Kadhalan’.
Ramya said that the film is based loosely on the ‘Agaligai’ chapter that comes at the beginning of the epic ‘Ramayana’. In the mythological ‘Ramayana’, Agaligai was the wife of Saint Gauthamar, who held her chastity close to her heart and didn’t even look up and meet others’ eyes, lest her eyes might rest on some other male other than her husband. Indra, leader o the Devas, falls in love with Agaligai and plays a trick, cheats her and manages to breach her chastity. Ramya has made adequate changes in this particular episode to suit today’s needs and is making ‘Kallakaadhalan’.
Pretty tall (5 ft 9″)Priyanka, half-Maharashtrian half-Gujarati, is an engineering graduate and is all excited about taking her first baby steps in Tamil cinema. In “Kalla Kadhalan’, Sibiraj plays the role of Indhira, while Miss India Priyanka Shah plays Ahalya. Her husband’s role is played by a popular Kannada stage and film actor H. Vishal. The film will be a take on women’s morality. Priyanka doesn’t mind showing skin or body if done aesthetically, but is against vulgarity. She will wear a bikini in the film as she is cool about flaunting her body in a bikini was she has the figure to carry it off. She has worn a swimsuit for the various beauty pageants. The film is produced by Storm Pictures and directed by Ramya. Director Ramya has taken on a portion of the epic to modernize it. The topic in question is morality concerning women, as it is dealt with in the portion involving Ahalya, Indiran and Sage Gauravar in the Baalakandam of Ramayana. Shooting for the movie will begin in early July.
Priyanka has done an acting course at the famous Kishore Namit Kumar acting school in Mumbai. She has also done several modelling assignments and walked the ramp at international fashion meets before taking the plunge into the industry. PETA recently honoured her for my contribution towards animal welfare. -Sampurn Media
- 'Kalla Malla Sulla' must watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 18, 2011
- Now Ramayana on radio! - Oct 01, 2010
- No Bollywood plans as yet: Vasuki Sunkavalli (With Image) - Jul 18, 2011
- Sibiraj Open To Act In Any Language If The Script Is Good - Dec 29, 2010
- Akshay, Ash look terrific together: Vipul Shah - Apr 18, 2010
- Dara Singh among top five trends on Twitter - Jul 12, 2012
- Kannada film industry looks up: Success ratio up (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2011
- No plans to come back as an actor: Mahima Chaudhry - Aug 04, 2011
- I am not going anywhere, says Juhi Chawla - Sep 03, 2010
- Priyanka plays happy actress in Kunal Kohli's film - Dec 31, 2011
- Miss Nebraska Teresa Scanlan Crowned Miss America 2011 - Jan 16, 2011
- Asin's special birthday treat to Mithun (With Image) - Jun 19, 2012
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- Priyanka enjoys racing car ride (TV Snippets) - Sep 09, 2010
- Priyanka Chopra as Indira Gandhi in A Biopic by Krishna Shah - Aug 22, 2010
Tags: aesthetically, baby steps, blockbuster, chastity, epic ramayana, femina miss india, film actor, film debut, gujarati, heroine, india international, india tourism, indian captain, international winner, levis, pantaloons femina miss india, showing skin, suresh, tamil film, vijaykanth