Geri Halliwell too wants to adopt from AfricaApril 24th, 2009 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
London, April 23 (IANS) Former Spice Girls singer Geri Halliwell wants to follow in the footsteps of Madonna and Angelina Jolie by adopting a child from Africa.
Halliwell insists she would love to expand her family by taking in an African boy or girl, as there are so many children suffering in the continent, reports contactmusic.com.
“I know it’s such a cliche for a famous person to adopt a child but that wouldn’t stop me. After working for the UN, I know the AIDS epidemic in Africa has left so many children orphaned. It would be an absolute gift to be able do it,” she said.
Halliwell recently split from fiance Fabrizio Politi and is a single mother to two-year-old daughter Bluebell Madonna, from her relationship with British screenwriter Sacha Gervasi.
- Geri Halliwell engaged to Italian tycoon - Jan 27, 2009
- Beckwith is my longest boyfriend: Halliwell - Apr 05, 2010
- Geri Halliwell keen to adopt African tot - Apr 23, 2009
- Geri Halliwell rethinking plans to have second child - Aug 07, 2009
- Geri Halliwell breaks off engagement - Mar 11, 2009
- Jolie to adopt fourth child from Haiti? - Feb 08, 2011
- A new man in Geri Halliwell's life - Mar 21, 2009
- Geri Halliwell spotted with mystery man - Mar 22, 2009
- Geri Halliwell splits from Italian beau - Mar 11, 2009
- Geri Halliwell to tie the knot? - Jan 14, 2010
- Mel C unaware of Halliwell, Brand affair - Aug 31, 2012
- Jolie not adopting fourth child - Feb 15, 2011
- Geri Halliwell's ex says Posh was more his 'cup of tea' - Apr 06, 2009
- Halliwell turns designer, to launch evening dresses - Jul 04, 2011
- Geri Halliwell will never marry - Aug 15, 2008
Tags: absolute gift, adopting a child, adopting a child from africa, aids, aids epidemic in africa, angelina jolie, cliche, continent, famous person, fiance, footsteps, geri halliwell, london, madonna and angelina jolie, politi, relationship, sacha gervasi, screenwriter, single mother, spice girls