Geri Halliwell splits from Italian beauMarch 11th, 2009 - 1:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 11 (ANI): Former Spice girl Geri Halliwell has broken up with her Italian fiance in less than three months after getting hitched, according to sources.
Ginger Spice met shipping tycoon Fabrizio Politi in a nightclub in Florence in December and over Christmas in Italy he asked her to marry him.
However, they broke up Halliwell woke up one morning last week and decided she just wasnt the marrying type, said a source, reports The Sun.
She loved being in a relationship but decided that all she needs is her daughter Bluebell to keep her happy.
Fabrizio is upset but totally respects Geris wishes.
Her friends are not surprised Geri has a track record for getting cold feet, the source added.
The couple issued a statement in January confirming the engagement with a get-out clause. (ANI)
- Geri Halliwell breaks off engagement - Mar 11, 2009
- Geri Halliwell dating Italian yacht tycoon? - Jan 19, 2009
- Geri Halliwell back with ex-beau - Mar 25, 2009
- Geri Halliwell to tie the knot? - Jan 14, 2010
- Halliwell dating Italian yacht tycoon - Jan 19, 2009
- Halliwell to marry Beckwith? - Dec 03, 2010
- Geri Halliwell engaged to Italian tycoon - Jan 27, 2009
- Beckwith is my longest boyfriend: Halliwell - Apr 05, 2010
- Brand, Halliwell part ways? - Sep 04, 2012
- Geri Halliwell launches her own beachwear range - Dec 30, 2010
- Geri Halliwell's ex says Posh was more his 'cup of tea' - Apr 06, 2009
- Geri Halliwell too wants to adopt from Africa - Apr 24, 2009
- Spice Girls could play at London Olympic opening ceremony - Apr 27, 2011
- Halliwell's emotional Olympic performance - Aug 21, 2012
- Spice Girls rock at closing ceremony - Aug 13, 2012