Geri Halliwell keen to adopt African totApril 23rd, 2009 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 23 (ANI): Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell is keen to adopt a child from Africa.
Geri, who is a single mother to 2-year-old daughter Bluebell Madonna, insisted that she doesn’t want to adopt just to follow the adoption trend of Hollywood.
The ‘Wannabe’ hitmaker, who also works for the U.N., said she wants to adopt a child from Africa, so that she can add meaning to the life of an orphan from the country.
“I know it’s such a cliche for a famous person to adopt a child but that wouldn’t stop me. After working for the U.N., I know the AIDS epidemic in Africa has left so many children orphaned. It would be an absolute gift to be able do it,” Contactmusic quoted Geri, as telling Britain’s Red magazine. (ANI)
- Geri Halliwell too wants to adopt from Africa - Apr 24, 2009
- Halliwell's emotional Olympic performance - Aug 21, 2012
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- How ex-Spice Girl Geri Halliwell fell for an alpha male - Jan 30, 2011
- Jessie J blown away by Olympic closing ceremony - Aug 14, 2012
- Geri Halliwell rethinking plans to have second child - Aug 07, 2009
- Halliwell to create another 'Spice Girls'? - Aug 09, 2010
- Mel C unaware of Halliwell, Brand affair - Aug 31, 2012
- Spice Girls rock at closing ceremony - Aug 13, 2012
- Ger Haliwell hopes to convince Posh for 2012 Olympics - Jan 30, 2011
- Olympic rehearsals made Halliwell's birthday bizarre - Aug 28, 2012
- Geri Halliwell launches her own beachwear range - Dec 30, 2010
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Beckwith is my longest boyfriend: Halliwell - Apr 05, 2010
- Spice Girls could play at London Olympic opening ceremony - Apr 27, 2011