Gerardo Ortiz releases new albumSeptember 8th, 2011 - 11:29 am ICT by IANS
Miami, Sep 8 (IANS/EFE) Mexican singer Gerardo Ortiz, the most frequently-nominated artist at the Billboard Mexican Music Awards, has hit the market with his new album “Entre Dios y el Diablo”.
Ortiz, who has garnered 10 nominations at the first edition of the awards recognizing Mexican musical talent, has already released the first single from the album, “Aquiles Afirmo”.
“Entre Dios y el Diablo” will be available in two formats: the original version with 12 songs and a “deluxe” edition that includes a second album with nine additional numbers.
Ortiz is best known as a singer of “narco-corridos”, ballads about the lives and - usually violent - deaths of drug traffickers.
- Geraldo Ortiz nominated for 10 Billboard awards - Aug 26, 2011
- Wisin, Yandel vault to No. 1 on Billboard Latin Songs - Sep 30, 2011
- Gerardo Ortiz tops Billboard Latin Albums chart - Sep 16, 2011
- Ricardo Arjona grabs top spot on Billboard Latin songs - Oct 14, 2011
- Mexican singer kidnapped, shot for refusing to sing - Apr 09, 2012
- Don Omar, Prince Royce big winners at Billboard Latin awards - Apr 28, 2012
- Romeo Santos' `You' tops Billboard Latin charts - May 20, 2011
- Singer gunned down in Mexico - Nov 15, 2011
- US youngster is new face of Mexican musical genre - Aug 09, 2012
- Motel to release special edition of album - Aug 31, 2011
- Mexican singer gunned down - Jun 28, 2010
- Mexican group's new album a hit - May 27, 2011
- Mexican hit man who dissolved 300 bodies in acid inspires songs - Feb 01, 2009
- Singer Jenni Rivera to have TV programme - Sep 30, 2011
- New album mixes flamenco and Mexican songs - Nov 22, 2011
Tags: billboard, deluxe edition, dios y el diablo, drug traffickers, efe, gerardo ortiz, mexican music, mexican singer, music awards, narco corridos ballads, new album, original version, violent deaths