Gerard Smith is suffering from lung cancerMarch 16th, 2011 - 12:21 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Mar 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) TV on the Radio has announced that the band’s bassist, Gerard Smith, has been diagnosed with lung cancer. The revelation was made on the website of the band on Monday.
The band is in preparation to come out with its latest album, ‘Nine Types of Light’. It is undoubtedly a big blow to the whole band most especially at the time that the news has come out. The diagnosis has already caused Gerard to stay out of the band’s planned tour before the release of the album.
In a released statement the band sounded positive about the chances of Gerard against the disease. The statement said that, “Gerard is fortunate enough to have health insurance and is receiving excellent medical care. Already we have seen dramatic results. Combine that with Gerard’s legendarily willful disposition and it might just be cancer that has the problem. We appreciate your concern and support for Gerard and his family.”
The new album is due to be released on the 12th of April. The band’s annual tour though would begin this week with a performance in Austin, Texas.
The band went on a year-long hiatus in 2010 after having a highly successful 2009.
- Bonnie Raitt to release new album - Jan 04, 2012
- Santana's Guitar Heaven doesn't get a warm response - Sep 28, 2010
- Many keep smoking even after cancer diagnosis - Jan 23, 2012
- Lady Antebellum releases album 'Own the night' - Sep 13, 2011
- Ex-Menudo member Robi Draco Rosa diagnosed with cancer - Apr 29, 2011
- Coldplay regret their latest album name - Mar 06, 2012
- Van Halen releases new song - Jan 10, 2012
- Red Hot Chili Peppers release their new single - Jul 19, 2011
- British Band 'Broadcast's Founder Trish Keenan Dies At 42 - Jan 16, 2011
- Toploader Unites To Rock Again! - Dec 06, 2010
- Urine test can detect cancers early - Jun 10, 2011
- New technique diagnoses brain cancers non-invasively - Jan 29, 2012
- Partners of cancer patients become ill themselves - Mar 04, 2011
- TB patients at a higher risk for lung cancer: Study - Jan 01, 2011
- Today is Mick Jagger's birthday - Jul 26, 2011