Gerard Depardieu creates a controversy by urinating in plane’s aisleAugust 17th, 2011 - 11:20 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Paris, Aug 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) “Green Card” actor Gerard Depardieu got into controversy on Tuesday when he urinated in the aisle of an Air France flight. The famous French actor reportedly demanded to be given access to the bathroom as the plane was taking off. When the air hostesses insisted that he should return to his seat and put on his seat belt, he allegedly got angry and urinated on the plane’s carpet. Witnesses say he appeared drunk.
A passenger in the flight later spoke to France’s Europe 1 on Wednesday. The passenger said that, “You could see that he had been drinking, but there were no comments. The hostess was shocked but there was no argument, nothing,” said the passenger. I was outraged. When you are an actor, you are not like other people, you do not have to abide by the rules. He could have waited, all the same.”
Air France has confirmed the incident. A spokesperson of the national carrier told reporters that Depardieu urinated inside the plane. He explained that the plane was returned to its parking spot and the carpet cleaned. Depardieu was kicked out of the flight before the plane took off.
Depardieu is one of the most famous French actors. Reuters report that the 62-year-old has appeared in more than 100 movies in his career.
- French Actress Juliette Binoche Baffled By Gerard Depardieu's Negative Remarks - Sep 02, 2010
- Carla Bruni voted France's most irritating celebrity - Dec 30, 2010
- Carla Bruni named most 'irritating' celebrity - Dec 30, 2010
- US airline 'apologises' for booting tall passenger from plane - Apr 06, 2011
- IMF chief Strauss-Kahn arrested for alleged sexual assault (Lead) - May 15, 2011
- Fighter jets intercept Detroit-bound plane after passengers 'make out' in bathroom - Sep 12, 2011
- Juliette Binoche hits back at Gerard Depardieu's uncharitable comments - Sep 02, 2010
- Britain may allow pet monkeys, pigs on plane - Jul 10, 2012
- Pakistani hurt as flight hits turbulence - Aug 13, 2011
- Two-metre tall US passenger forced to stand on flight due to his height - Jan 10, 2011
- Pilot training blamed for 2009 Air France crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Chinese official suspended for beating air stewardess - Sep 04, 2012
- Fugitive US hijacker George Wright caught in Portugal - Sep 28, 2011
- Plane makes u-turn to offload unruly passengers - Dec 31, 2010
- French actor Gerard Depardieu smashes car - Dec 23, 2009
Tags: air france, air france flight, air hostesses, aisle, carpet, controversy, europe 1, french actor, french actors, gerard depardieu, green card, hostess, national carrier, paris, reuters report, seat belt, spokesperson, urinating