Gerard Butler charged with criminal batteryMay 15th, 2009 - 1:24 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 15 (IANS) Actor Gerard Butler will have to serve six months in jail if he is convicted on charges of criminal battery for punching a photographer last year.
Butler had an altercation with a photographer on Oct 7, 2008, the night his movie “Rock n Rolla” was premiered in Hollywood.
He was getting into a car outside the Crown Bar in Los Angeles after the premiere party when he allegedly punched the photographer in the mouth three or four times, reported aceshowbiz.com.
Due in court for an arraignment June 10, Butler is facing up to six months in jail if convicted on the charge.
But the actor’s attorney Blair Berk said his celebrity client is not required to and won’t appear in court.
- Gerard Butler cleared of charges - Jan 06, 2010
- Sean Penn charged with battery and vandalism - Feb 21, 2010
- Gibson avoids jail sentence after pleading 'no contest' to battery - Mar 12, 2011
- Gibson may avoid jail after striking plea deal in domestic violence case - Mar 10, 2011
- Sean Penn charged over photog attack - Feb 20, 2010
- Sean Penn charged with assault, vandalism - Feb 20, 2010
- Kanye West charged with 3 misdemeanours over paparazzi scuffle - Mar 19, 2009
- Chris Klein Serves Jail Time for Second DUI - Sep 07, 2010
- Gibson's lawyer has last-chance meeting with prosecutors over assault charges - Jan 19, 2011
- Mel Gibson may face criminal charges - Jan 19, 2011
- Sean Penn charged with battery, vandalism (Lead) - Feb 20, 2010
- Sean Penn Pleas No Contest Over Misdemeanor Charges - May 13, 2010
- Kanye West pleads not guilty in paparazzi scuffle case - May 19, 2009
- Chris Klein Spends 4 Days in Jail for Last DUI - Sep 04, 2010
- Mel Gibson Likely To Face Charges By Los Angeles District Attorney - Jan 20, 2011