Georgia Mom Sues Tyra Banks For Daughter’s Appearance as AddictOctober 19th, 2010 - 9:56 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A woman from Georgia has filed suit against Tyra Banks for the sum of three million dollars after she alleges that her fifteen year old daughter appeared on the ‘Tyra Banks Show’ without her permission in an episode about people with sexual addictions.
The suit was filed in the Federal Court in Atlanta, Georgia. Beverly McClendon claims that her fifteen year old daughter was contacted by the show on her cell phone after she responded to the show’s website poll asking for sex addicts to contact them.
The show then allegedly sent a limo to the child’s home, picked her up, and flew her to New York to stay in a hotel alone, to tape the show, which she was paid for, all without her mother’s knowledge or consent. McClendon had already filed a missing person’s report with the local police as soon as she realized her daughter was no where to be found.
McClendon maintains that her daughter has never been diagnosed as a sex addict, and that she was put in danger since the show “was undoubtedly watched by sexual deviants, perverts and pedophiles.”
She is asking for a jury trial and wants a million in compensatory damages, and two million in punitive damages and also names Warner Bros. Entertainment and the executive producers of the show as defendants in the case. She also wants the show to be barred from ever being aired again.
- Tyra Banks sued for inviting 'sex addict' teen on show without parental consent - Oct 17, 2010
- Garrad Mcclendon Parents Shot Dead In Forest Reserve - Oct 21, 2009
- Indian diplomat's daughter sues New York City - May 08, 2012
- Malay healer turns woman, her daughters into sex slaves - Mar 23, 2011
- Parents sue Urban Outfitters for $28 million - Aug 19, 2011
- Jaycee Dugard Memoir Is Going To Be Out Soon - Sep 28, 2010
- Mel B can't stop talking about sex - Jan 01, 2011
- 'Price is Right' model sues former employer - Sep 08, 2011
- Britney Spears denies accusations in Flores' lawsuit - Jul 21, 2011
- Now, tour the earth on Google - Oct 01, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan now faces a lawsuit by a limo company - Oct 10, 2011
- Britney being sued for $10M by former business partners - Mar 31, 2011
- Maid sues Strauss-Kahn over hotel encounter - Aug 09, 2011
- J.Lo seeks to prevent release of home sex videos - Dec 02, 2010
- Woman suing Steven Seagal for sexual harassment once claimed she could 'trick men' - Apr 14, 2010
Tags: appearance, atlanta georgia, cell phone, compensatory damages, executive producers, jury trial, limo, mcclendon, million dollars, missing person, punitive damages, sex addict, sex addicts, sexual addictions, sexual deviants, two million, tyra banks, warner bros, warner bros entertainment, website poll