George Miller to receive top French honourMarch 2nd, 2010 - 1:09 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 2 (IANS) Australian director George Miller will be honoured by the French government for his contribution to films.
The Oscar-winning filmmaker, known for making films like “Happy Feet”, “Witches Of Eastwick” and “Mad Max”, has been named a recipient of the prestigious Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres, one of France’s highest accolades, reported hollywood.com.
The award will be presented to Miller at a French Film Festival event in Sydney, Australia.
“George Miller is a well-known director in France. (The award is in recognition of) his life achievement as (a) director and what he gave to cinema in Australia and around the world,” said French Consulate official Jean-Jacques Garnier.
- Shakira receives French honour, first for a Colombian - Jan 29, 2012
- Donald Sutherland honored in France - Jun 11, 2012
- Hariprasad Chaurasia gets top French honour - Nov 03, 2010
- Ritu Beri conferred French honour - Oct 22, 2010
- My foreign students have Indian identities: Hariprasad Chaurasia (Interview) (With Images) - Mar 03, 2011
- Sudhir Mishra, Ketan Mehta felicitated by French government - Jul 16, 2010
- Soumitra Chatterjee named for Dada Saheb Phalke award (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Playing flute like practising yoga: Hari Prasad Chaurasia (Interview) - Nov 11, 2010
- Thai director Weerasethakul wins Cannes' Palme d'Or - May 24, 2010
- (VM) Cote d'Ivoire name squad for African Cup of Nations - Jan 06, 2012
- Avant garde Thai director wins Cannes' Palme d'Or - May 24, 2010
- Charlize Theron to star in 'Mad Max 4' - Oct 22, 2009
- Bob Dylan's first Christmas album feeds over a million people - Dec 25, 2009
- Shakira honoured at NRJ Music Awards - Jan 24, 2011
- My films create a show, not reality: 'The Artist' director (Interview) - Feb 23, 2012
Tags: australian director, chevalier, cinema, director george, filmmaker, films, french consulate, french film festival, french government, french honour, garnier, george miller, happy feet, jean jacques, life achievement, london march, mad max, recipient, sydney australia, witches of eastwick