George Michael writes song about death experienceApril 6th, 2012 - 4:07 am ICT by IANS
London, April 6 (IANS) Singer George Michael has revealed he has written a song about his near death experience.
The song is titled “White Light”, and the 48-year-old describes the time he spent in a hospital in Vienna last year after suffering from pneumonia.
The singer shared the news on Twitter: “I promise you it’s a blinder.”
“I’ve been a busy boy in the studio this week, mixing Symphonica and finally ready to write about what happened to me in Vienna and how grateful I am to be given another chance to live and breathe alongside you all in this wonderful world that we share,” dailymail.co.uk quoted Michael as saying.
“You may recall my reference to those strange individuals who took the time to pray for my death as I lay in my hospital bed back in November. I thank you all from the deepest part of my soul. And I will repay your unending kindness the only way I know how. With music.”
Michael revealed that the upcoming song was for “every person who has stopped me in the streets to ask me how I’m doing”.
The singer was admitted to hospital in the Austrian city Nov 21 last year.
After his illness, he made his first proper public appearance at this year’s BRIT Awards in February.
- Singer George Michael suffering from severe pneumonia, cancels UK tour - Nov 26, 2011
- Michael to return home for holidays - Dec 17, 2011
- George Michael responding to treatment - Nov 25, 2011
- I feel amazing, says George Michael after recovering - Dec 27, 2011
- George Michael cancels all tour dates - Nov 27, 2011
- George Michael recovering from pneumonia - Nov 30, 2011
- Susan Boyle visited by late mother's spirit - Dec 11, 2011
- Mice raid Allen's house - May 11, 2012
- Aguilera not crumbling under 'weight' issues - Jan 09, 2012
- Vanessa Paradis doesn't believe in soulmates - Jan 23, 2012
- Ronnie's latest album about failed romance - May 01, 2011
- 'Servus Ishq' - Indo-Austrian director's tribute to Bollywood - Apr 09, 2012
- Owen never wanted stardom - Aug 13, 2012
- George Michael doesn't plan future - Sep 09, 2012
- Judi Dench battles to save eyesight - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: austrian city, brit awards, experience london, kindness, music, near death experience, pneumonia, public appearance, singer george michael, strange individuals, suffering from, twitter, vienna, wonderful world