George Michael mourns tragedy-laced royal weddingMay 1st, 2011 - 4:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 1 (ANI): George Michael has referenced the ‘tragic’ undertones of Friday’s ceremonyon his Twitter page recently, lamenting the loss of Prince William’s mother Prince Diana and late fashion designer Alexander McQueen.
“The one tragic thing about the day… That Alexander McQueen never got to create a masterpiece for Kate… I loved the dress. But it’s a shame he’s no longer with us,” Contactmusic quoted the musician as writing on his Twitter page.
Michael also became emotional at the thought of his late friend Diana, the Princess of Wales, who died in a car accident in Paris in 1997 - when the young royal was just 15 years old.
“Of course Diana’s absence is the greatest tragedy, but it really goes without saying…” he added. (ANI)
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Gaga pays tribute to McQueen in new album - May 24, 2011
- Kate weds in white Sarah Burton gown (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton pips Diana to become '3rd most beautiful royal' - Apr 19, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Pippa Middleton's dress steals the show at the Royal wedding - Apr 30, 2011
- William weds Kate (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Poll reveals that Princess Diana is the favorite royal in UK - Aug 31, 2011
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton's wedding reception to have just 300 guests - Jan 10, 2011
- Diana's funeral hymn to be first sung at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Alexander McQueen's label 'to sue Cadbury over Kate Moss hologram' - Jun 12, 2010
- Kate Middleton to overtake Diana to become world's most talked-about woman - Apr 19, 2011
- Why Prince William's wife will not be called as Princess Kate - May 01, 2011
- Olivia Grant wants to play Princess Diana - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: absence, alexander, alexander mcqueen, car accident, diana the princess of wales, fashion designer, friend diana, george michael, masterpiece, may 1, musician, paris, prince diana, prince william, princess of wales, royal wedding, shame, tragedy, undertones, wedding washington