George Michael denies Kenny Goss split rumours on TV and TwitterMarch 8th, 2011 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 8 (ANI): Furious George Michael has denied rumours that he has split from his long-term partner Kenny Goss by setting the record straight live on TV and Twitter.
Reports claimed on Monday morning that Goss had ended their 15-year relationship because of the singer’s issues with drugs.
However, Michael hit back at the reports and said the newspaper that made the claim was ‘lying through its teeth’, reports the Daily Mail.
Sources had told The Sun that the singer’s dope-smoking and his drug-driving conviction last year were the reasons for the split.
“There are only so many second chances Kenny was prepared to give. He’s been loyal to George from day one, but that hasn’t always been reciprocated. It’s really sad, but hopefully this could be the wake-up call George needs,” they said.
The story was being discussed on Channel 5 chat show ‘The Wright Stuff’, which prompted Michael to rang the show personally to deny the story and let his fans know that he and Kenny were still very much an item and suggestions they had split were ‘untrue’.
“It is complete bull**** about myself and Kenny breaking up. Don’t believe this story,” he said.
“We’ve had our problems but he’s never had a problem with my lifestyle. I love Kenny very much,” he added.
He also took himself to his Twitter page and wrote: ‘Would someone Tweet 5wrightstuff and tell them the Sun is lying through its teeth as usual’.
His fans have come out in full support of the singer as they tweeted back saying they were on his side and were relieved to hear they hadn’t split. (ANI)
- George Michael and Kenny Goss 'separate after 15 years' - Mar 07, 2011
- George Michael wants peace of mind - Aug 31, 2011
- Jailed George Michael 'planning big bash after release' - Sep 27, 2010
- George Michael says he's 'too embarrassing' to be a father - Mar 09, 2011
- George Michael spotted kissing mystery man - Mar 25, 2010
- Have George Michael Checked Into A Rehab? - Oct 14, 2010
- Incarcerated George Michael 'to launch legal bid for freedom' - Sep 17, 2010
- George Michael off to rehab - Oct 13, 2010
- George Michael splits from boyfriend - Aug 24, 2011
- George Michael splits with partner of 13 years? - Oct 06, 2009
- Rihanna denies that she provoked Chris Brown - Jun 24, 2011
- George Michael 'came close to nervous breakdown after split' - Oct 06, 2009
- George Michael's relationship with Kenny Goss 'sinking fast' - Mar 12, 2010
- Oklahoma wide receiver Kenny Stills poses in a purple dress - Jul 09, 2012
- Caroline Flack denies that she is dating Joey Essex - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: channel 5, chat show, conviction, daily mail, dope, drugs, furious george, george michael, kenny goss, Life Style, london, mail sources, monday morning, relationship, rumours, second chances, teeth, term partner, twitter, wake up call