George Michael cancels all tour datesNovember 27th, 2011 - 3:11 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 27 (IANS) Singer George Michael has cancelled the remaining dates of his 2011 tour as he battles pneumonia, says representative.
The “Faith” hitmaker, 48, was hospitalised in Vienna, Austria Wednesday and was diagnosed with the potentially deadly lung infection, reports express.co.uk.
He scrapped a string of European shows on his Symphonica tour to allow him time to fight the illness, but on Friday, his representative announced that all of Michael’s live commitments had been put on hold for the rest of the year.
“All Britain dates have been postponed. He has pneumonia. Any other speculation about his illness is unfounded and untrue. He is receiving excellent medical care and is responding to treatment and is slowly recovering,” said his representative.
The Symphonica tour was due to make stops in Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham and London, and in Glasgow, Scotland throughout November and December this year. The dates are expected to be rescheduled.
- Singer George Michael suffering from severe pneumonia, cancels UK tour - Nov 26, 2011
- George Michael responding to treatment - Nov 25, 2011
- George Michael recovering from pneumonia - Nov 30, 2011
- George Michael down with pneumonia, cancels concerts - Nov 24, 2011
- I feel amazing, says George Michael after recovering - Dec 27, 2011
- George Michael writes song about death experience - Apr 06, 2012
- Michael to return home for holidays - Dec 17, 2011
- Chris Brown forced to postpone UK tour - Jun 09, 2010
- Justin Bieber donates time and clothing to children's charity - Dec 05, 2010
- Sick Rihanna resumes tour in Germany - Nov 06, 2011
- Winehouse's dad hospitalised - Aug 10, 2010
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition stable - Mar 29, 2011
- 11 Comtel Air officials booked in Amritsar - Nov 23, 2011
- George Michael doesn't plan future - Sep 09, 2012
- Whitney Houston's Illness Continues, Tour Postponed - Apr 08, 2010