George Lucas Series On Live-Action Star Wars “On Hold” Due To Lack Of Funds

August 8th, 2010 - 7:27 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work  

george_lucas August 8, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): There’s good news for the sci-fi fans. The live-action television series of ‘Star Wars’ will be very similar to the movie with the only point of difference being that will be shown on a weekly basis. However, there is a glitch as well! The project may be kept on hold on account of the expenses involved.

George Lucas had in fact, announced that Lucas Films had been working on a live-action version of’ Star Wars’ for the past five years. The series was to have been set between the ‘Revenge Of The Sith’ and ‘A New Hope’. The official announcement came way back in 2005 and a tight watch had been kept on the proceedings since then. The extensive security was mandatory for preventing any kind of leaks which Lucas felt would have resulted in a decrease of expectancy. The latest update, however, tells a different story altogether.

The live-action series, though definitely worth seeing, is suffering from a paucity of funds. The update said that doing the ‘Star Wars’ at almost a tenth of its actual costs proved to be a huge challenge, one that is almost insurmountable. “It is really a shame since we have the script ready,” said the update.

The series had originally hoped to be of 100 hour episodes encompassing the time between the fall of the Republic and the continuing rebellion against the Empire which was shown at the beginning of the ‘A New Hope’

While the news will sadden a lot of fans who had been looking forward to the series, the irony of the entire situation is not lost either. George Lucas had publicly agreed to donate half his wealth to charity just a day before the announcement.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe