George Lazenby turns to long lost daughter for help in custody battleSeptember 9th, 2008 - 4:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 9 (ANI): Aussie actor George Lazenby is banking on his daughter Jennifer Lazenbys help in his ongoing custody battle with his estranged wife Pamela Shriver.
Best known for his role as James Bond, Lazenby is hoping that his long lost daughter will be able convince the court that he is a “loving, caring parent”.
The 69-year-old actor has been accused of being an abusive alcoholic with “severe anger management issues”, and is also said to have given his three young children with Shriver alcohol and threatened to kill her.
Shriver was given temporary custody of the three children and a temporary restraining order was imposed on Lazenby.
Lazenby is now hoping that the statement his daughter, a dance instructor in Perth, Australia, has written will be able to convince the court to grant him joint equal custody and a lifting of the restraining order.
“I believe the children would be amazingly fortunate to have my dad as their father as he can pass on to them a sense of who they are that will empower them,” the Telegraph quoted Jennifer as saying in a statement revealed by his spokesman and friend Michael Sands.
“What child can”t benefit from a loving caring parent that continuously shows them pride in every thing he does and says. You can see it in his eyes it’’s coming from his heart and soul.
“Neither parent is perfect but they are both good caring people that love their children. My siblings need both their parents equally, they don”t need any more exaggerations and name calling, they do however need to be able to grow up respecting both parents and their good names, she added.
Jennifer had been born after a liaison between Lazenby, then a 21-year-old car salesman, and Maureen Powell, an Australian Army sergeant and PE instructor at an officer training school, Mr Sands said.
Both the actor and the former professional tennis player are due back in court on October 15. (ANI)
- Former 007 to use beer video to expose estranged wife in custody battle - Aug 25, 2008
- Ex-wife's allegation shocks former Bond actor Lazenby - Aug 27, 2008
- For them, Father's Day has no relevance - Jun 19, 2011
- George Lazenby disappointed over monitored daytime visits with kids - Aug 26, 2008
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Maria Shriver split after 25 years - May 10, 2011
- EX-James Bond George Lazenby to fight for kids custody - Aug 13, 2008
- Child abduction by parents among Indian diaspora raises concern - Jun 19, 2011
- Schwarzenegger, Shriver part ways after 25 years - May 10, 2011
- Oz mothers face load when it comes to taking care of children after divorce - Feb 01, 2011
- George Lazenby wants to annul prenup with Pam Shiver - Jul 20, 2009
- George Lazenby to pen tell-all book on his career - Nov 05, 2010
- Andre feels ex-wife unfit to keep kids - Feb 14, 2011
- Hope for NRI kids, parents stick to uncle pact - Mar 23, 2012
- Schwarzenegger's wife files for divorce - Jul 02, 2011
- Divorced fathers crave for shared parenting (June 20 is Father's Day) - Jun 20, 2010