George Harrisons son feared being overshadowed by dads successMarch 16th, 2009 - 5:55 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 16 (ANI): George Harrison’’s son Dhani has said that he feared being under his famous fathers shadow, and was thus determined to forge a career on his own.
The 30-year-old musician never wanted to follow in his fathers footsteps, and become a musician, because he didnt want to be compared to the late rocker.
Thus, he went to U.S. and studied design at Ivy League university Brown.
However, he returned to his musical roots later, and now performs in band Thenewno2.
He is happy that he took the time to master another trade.
“I watched what happened to a lot of the other kids, Contactmusic quoted him as telling Blender magazine.
Zak (Starkey, Ringo Starr’’s son), Sean (Lennon), Stella (MCCartney) have succeeded, but it’’s Stella who’’s the one who’’s not being compared to her father, because her father’’s not a fashion designer.
Whereas Zak will always be compared to Ringo because he’’s a drummer. And Sean will be compared to John because he’’s a singer/songwriter. But my dad was never a designer,” he added. (ANI)
- Beatles' offsprings not planning boy band - Jan 12, 2010
- George Harrison's son Dhani won't team up with Beatles' boys - Jan 11, 2010
- Drummer Zak Starkey Of "The Who" Was Amazing In Super Bowl Halftime Show - Feb 08, 2010
- Ringo Starr joins Yoko Ono on stage at John Lennon tribute concert - Oct 11, 2010
- Macca praises Beatles offspring - Jan 25, 2009
- Beatles to release back catalogue of music through website - Mar 15, 2009
- Beatles reuniting on stage, courtesy the magic of technology - Dec 02, 2010
- George Harrison''s son won surviving Beatles approval for rock band game - Mar 14, 2009
- Liverpool to pull down famed son Ringo Starr's house - Aug 18, 2010
- Paul McCartney was inspiration by father - Jan 30, 2012
- Ringo Starr's Liverpool birthplace in new demolition threat - Aug 18, 2010
- John Lennon's 'Imagine' microphones up for grabs - Apr 30, 2011
- Now The Beatles video game - Mar 15, 2009
- Ringo Starr scraps autobiography plans - Jan 15, 2010
- George Harrisons sons rock band set to make TV debut - Jan 15, 2009
Tags: blender magazine, dad, dhani, drummer, fashion designer, footsteps, george harrison, george harrisons son, ivy league university, musical roots, musician, ringo starr, sean lennon, singer songwriter, starkey, stella mccartney