George Harrison’s 9 solo albums available onlineNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:02 am ICT by admin
Harrison’s widow Olivia has hailed the move, which sees online sales of George, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr’s music.
She hopes that with this deal, the possibility has increased that the Beatles’ catalogue will appear online by 2008.
“(George) had begun the digital mastering of his albums but had no idea how the digital world would change the way we access and listen to music,” the BBC quoted her as saying.
Earlier this year, 16 solo albums by John Lennon were made available for download on Apple’s iTunes.
Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr’s music has also gone online.
George’s records, which are being made available through retailers such as iTunes, include ‘All Things Must Pass’, a triple album released in 1970 after the break-up of ‘The Beatles’. (ANI)
- Beatles, iTunes deal still at impasse, says Yoko Ono - Aug 07, 2010
- Beatles to make their songs available on iTunes - Nov 16, 2010
- Beatles music finally available on iTunes Store - Nov 16, 2010
- Paul McCartney was inspiration by father - Jan 30, 2012
- Beatles reuniting on stage, courtesy the magic of technology - Dec 02, 2010
- John Lennon's 'Imagine' microphones up for grabs - Apr 30, 2011
- Beatles would have reformed if all their members had survived: Macca - May 17, 2010
- The Beatles music being immortalised in Rock Band game - Mar 06, 2009
- Beatles to release back catalogue of music through website - Mar 15, 2009
- Now The Beatles video game - Mar 15, 2009
- Beatles' offsprings not planning boy band - Jan 12, 2010
- Lenon, not McCartney, led to Beatles split! - Sep 07, 2009
- Beatles were planning reunion before Lennon's death - Sep 13, 2009
- Paul McCartney going to give a performance in Utah - May 21, 2010
- When George Harrison played a ghostly prank on Macca - Oct 31, 2010