George had excelled as journalist: Congress says in tributeFebruary 27th, 2012 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 27 (IANS) The Congress party Monday paid tributes to George Joseph, Political Editor of IANS, who died early Monday following cardiac arrest, describing him as a journalist who excelled in his field.
Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury said at the regular party briefing that George Joseph would serve as a role model for young mediapersons.
“He had really excelled in his field and that will be benchmark for many youngsters who are learning… In a way, Mr. George passed away with his boots on while he was on the job and reporting as usual,” Chowdhury said.
The party observed a minute’s silence at its media briefing as a mark of condolence.
Party’s media secretary Tom Vaddakan placed a wreath on the body of George which was kept at the Kerala House for paying last respects.
CPI-M leader Prakash Karat, CPI leader D. Raja and BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy were among the leaders who paid their respects to George Jospeh at Kerala House.
George Joseph, 57, passed away at Fortis Hospital in Noida early Monday. He was rushed to the hospital after he suffered a massive heart attack. He had an emergency surgical procedure, after which he seemed to recover somewhat, but his condition worsened at night.
He is survived by his wife, also a journalist, and a daughter.
- Senior journalist George Joseph passes away (Second Lead) (With Images) - Feb 27, 2012
- George Joseph remembered as a daring journalist - Mar 15, 2012
- Open minded on suggestions for presidential candidate: Congress - Apr 24, 2012
- Funeral of veteran journalist George Joseph attended by hundreds - Feb 29, 2012
- Senior journalist George Joseph is dead (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- No problems in alliance, all united: UDF - May 01, 2012
- Senior journalist George Joseph is dead - Feb 27, 2012
- Don't blackmail at every stage, Congress tells Anna - Nov 04, 2011
- President, cabinet, leaders pays tribute to Deshmukh (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Congress hits out at Hazare over remarks on Rahul, Sonia - Dec 13, 2011
- Divide in NDA on Modi: Congress - Sep 20, 2011
- Congress dismisses Jethmalani's submission against Patel - Sep 20, 2011
- Kerala Congress factions of Joseph and Mani merge - May 27, 2010
- Thousands attend last rites of K.M. Mathew - Aug 02, 2010
- Never closed doors for talks with Team Anna: Congress (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: bjp, cardiac arrest, condolence, congress party, CPI, early monday, fortis, heart attack, last respects, massive heart attack, media secretary, prakash karat, raja, rajiv pratap, renuka chowdhury, role model, s media, spokesperson, wreath, youngsters