George Clooney shuns media, says no more press meetsDecember 31st, 2009 - 3:50 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 31 (IANS) Hollywood star George Clooney has decided not to attend press conferences anymore becauase he is tired of getting marriage proposals from “fake” journalists and their silly stunts at the meets.
The 48-year-old was left embarrassed when a male stripper posing as a journalist took off his clothes while professing his love for Clooney at a Venice Film Festival press conference in September. Post the incidnet Clooney has become elusive for the media.
“I’ll do the red carpets, but I’m not going to do the press conferences anymore. You focus on a few smart interviews and try to do them every once in a while and make them hard to get,” Imdb.com quoted Clooney as saying.
“When you’re at a certain place in your career where people know you, it’s not like you have to get known. I don’t want to be more famous. You realise that movies are either going to be successful or not based on the trailer and how it’s sold and what people’s perception of the movie is,” he added.
The actor had refused to promote his new movie “Up In The Air” and left interviews to co-stars Vera Farmiga and Anna Kendrick. He insists he won’t be available to the media in 2010 and beyond.
- Damon, Pitt's joke about Clooney being gay prompts man to strip - Sep 12, 2009
- 2010 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress - Feb 25, 2010
- George Clooney a silly boy, says 'Up in the Air' co-star - Dec 05, 2009
- Up in the Air named best movie of 2009 - Dec 29, 2009
- Clooney starrer 'Up In The Air' bags six Golden Globe nominations - Dec 16, 2009
- 2010 Oscar Predictions - Feb 25, 2010
- Gay Man Strips For George Clooney - Sep 11, 2009
- Henry's Crime: First Trailer Released On The Web - Jan 05, 2011
- George Clooney jokes about Tiger Woods incident - Dec 03, 2009
- Jenna Fischer worked as telephone psychic - Jun 17, 2011
- Venice Film Festival opens with Mira Nair film - Aug 30, 2012
- Up In The Air's Vera Farmiga & Hubby Welcome Baby Girl - Nov 12, 2010
- Where's Anil Kapoor in 'Mission Impossible 4' trailer, ask fans - Jul 01, 2011
- George Clooney and Elisabetta Canalis split - Jun 23, 2011
- Major Winners of the 2010 Oscars, The Hurt Locker sweeps the awards - Mar 08, 2010
Tags: anna kendrick, clothes, co stars, george clooney, hollywood, hollywood star, journalist, journalists, london, love, male stripper, marriage, marriage proposals, perception, press conferences, red carpets, stunts, venice film festival, vera farmiga