George Clooney not selling his famous Italian retreatNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:16 am ICT by admin
“I’m so taken with where I live and how much I love that area… It’s where I wrote Good Night And Good Luck and where I finished the script for (new movie) Leatherheads. It’s a really peaceful place to go and write,” Contactmusic quoted Clooney, as saying.
However, he asserted that he was disappointed when a local dignitary suggested that he turned his waterfront palace into a tourist attraction earlier this year.
“The mayor of this little town came up with a sort of master plan to fill in this beautiful old boat dock that’s next to my house and make it a park for viewing George Clooney’s place,” he said.
“The townspeople filled out a long petition from almost all of them to the mayor saying: `Please don’t do this’ and I signed it with them.
“I said, if you want to go forward with this and if it’s my fault that it’s happening, then I should leave.’ I don’t want their town being ruined. I don’t want them to lose their fishing village,” he added. (ANI)
- Clooney's idyllic Italian villa turns into tourist site - Nov 12, 2010
- Paparazzi harassment forces George Clooney to put Italian villa on sale - Feb 25, 2010
- Life in Italy is beautiful, says George Clooney - Sep 03, 2010
- Clooney praises Pitt - Feb 17, 2012
- WW 2 Bombs Unearthed Near George Clooney's Italian Abode - Apr 30, 2010
- George Clooney denies selling his Italian Villa to the Beckhams - Feb 25, 2010
- Clooney can't relate to 'The Descendents' role - Jan 22, 2012
- George Clooney wanted to die - Nov 12, 2011
- We had father-daughter relationship: Clooney's ex - Oct 30, 2011
- Labeouf wishes to be diplomatic like Clooney - Jun 29, 2011
- Unexploded WWII bomb discovered outside Clooney's villa - Apr 29, 2010
- George Clooney Denies Selling His Villa - Feb 26, 2010
- Clooney denies selling villa to Beckhams - Feb 25, 2010
- Debate rages over judges who fall asleep on the job (The Funny Side) - Aug 24, 2012
- Emily Blunt and John Krasinski get married in Italy - Jul 11, 2010
Tags: contactmusic, disappointed, fishing village, george clooney, go forward, good night and good luck, happening, leatherheads, old boat, peaceful place, petition, residents, sleepy town, tourist attraction