General Zod To Play Villain In Upcoming Superman FlickOctober 6th, 2010 - 7:46 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Now it is quite well known that the upcoming Superman flick to be made under the banner of Warner Brothers and written by Christopher Nolan, is on its way. The film will be directed by Zack Snyder and the report is doing the buzz in the industry. Reportedly a number of filmmakers were considered for directing this movie but the task ultimately was given to the 300 Director. The new film is going to generate mass interest and the superman fans are pretty upbeat about the film. It will be released in 2012 as it has been reported. The film will have a character named General Zod as the antagonist.
The character appeared in the Superman films that were released in 1978 and 1980. The director is quite excited about the project and he thinks that the Superman franchisee needs a serious revamp to cater to the taste of the viewers. He said that he found the script given to him simply amazing. Superman has been one of the most popular superhero characters introduced by Diamond comics and Christopher Reeve’s portrayal was also liked a lot by the fans. Now the director needs a stellar cast to recreate the magic on screen once again. The role of the villain will also be significant in reviving the franchisee.
The director has a huge task ahead since the last Superman flick released in 2006 was rated as a disappointment. Zack Snyder has to find a talented actor now who can do justice to the role of the antagonist and can hold his ground against the man of steel.
- Zack Snyder to direct new Superman movie - Oct 05, 2010
- Zack Snyder Directing New Superman Flick - Oct 05, 2010
- Michael Shannon cast as 'Superman' villain Gen Zod - Apr 11, 2011
- British Actor Henry Cavill Lands Role In "Superman: Man of Steel" - Feb 01, 2011
- Crowe to play Superman's dad? - Jun 16, 2011
- Snyder to direct new 'Superman' movie - Oct 05, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' biggest story I've told: Christopher Nolan (Interview) - Jul 11, 2012
- Charles Rovan: 'The Dark Knight Rises' And 'Man Of Steel' To Be Kept At Bay From Each Other - Jan 06, 2011
- 'Most unlucky man in Hollywood' Henry Cavill is the new Superman - Jan 31, 2011
- Is LiLo up for a role in 'Superman'? - Apr 05, 2011
- Portman slams superhero rumours - Jan 03, 2011
- Nolan taking inspiration from 'Superman' for remake - Jun 29, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan To Play Lois Lane In "Superman: Man Of Steel"? - Feb 10, 2011
- 'Green Lantern' lacks enthralling light (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 17, 2011
- Darren Aronofsky might direct latest 'Superman' film - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: antagonist, christopher nolan, christopher reeve, diamond comics, disappointment, flick, franchisee, general zod, man of steel, mass interest, new film, portrayal, ranjan, superhero characters, superman fans, superman films, talented actor, villain, warner brothers, zack snyder