Gen. Petraeus Expresses Caution With Respect To The Proposal Of The American Military’s Disengagement From Afghanistan From July 2011August 14th, 2010 - 1:10 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Washington, August 13, 2010 (Just Flashed): The fresh American commanding officer in Afghanistan happens to be Gen. David Petraeus. He has declared that the objective of commencing the American military’s disengagement from Afghanistan from July 2011 will bank on the state of affairs at that time in predominantly Mohammedan Afghanistan.
Gen. David Petraeus had been interviewed and the interview taped for NBC’s “Meet the Press’ this weekend. Petraeus was questioned by the interviewer named David Gregory. Petraeus beat around the bush a little bit when queried by Gregory about whether the summer deadline of 2011 was invariable.
Petraeus asserted during the interview that the American President, Barack Obama, had elucidated unambiguously that he desired the most excellent and most pertinent military counsel from Petraeus. Petraeus voiced that, if the war effort in Afghanistan against the Taliban insurgents had not progressed satisfactorily by the middle of next year, then he would relay that message to Obama honestly and with full sincerity. He will be candid in his dealings with Obama. It must be remembered that David Petraeus is the general, who took the position of the expelled Gen. Stanley McChrystal.
Petraeus admitted that the American military assignment in the South Asian country will continue to be dangerous due to the unforgiving nature of the Afghan geography and the barbarousness of the Taliban.
- Just Flashed News Service
- Ex-NATO commander McChrystal cleared of wrongdoing in Rolling Stone piece - Apr 19, 2011
- President Of United States Fires Gen. Stanley McChrystal, Gives Power To Gen. David Petraeus - Jun 24, 2010
- Obama fires top Afghanistan commander McChrystal (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2010
- US army to ask Obama to slow down Afghan withdrawal - Aug 13, 2010
- Petraeus refuses to be bound by Obama's decision on US exit date from Afghanistan - Aug 16, 2010
- U.S. Senate confirms Gen. Petraeus as new Afghan war commander - Jul 01, 2010
- Petraeus vows 'relentless' pursuit of Taliban - Jun 30, 2010
- Obama Speaks: Gen Stanley McChrystal Resigns & Gen David Petraeus Steps In - Jun 24, 2010
- Petraeus voices unity on Afghanistan - Jun 30, 2010
- Robert Gates Expresses His Endorsement For The Cancellation Of The Potential Burning Of The Koran - Sep 09, 2010
- Afghanistan disappointed with McChrystal's dismissal, hopeful about Petraeus - Jun 24, 2010
- Effective Pakistani government must to destroy Al Qaeda: Obama - Jun 25, 2010
- Afghans see change in US command as a threat to civilians - Jul 05, 2010
- Taliban attacks NATO base in Afghanistan - Jun 30, 2010
- Petraeus being considered for CIA top job: Report - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: american president, barack obama, commanding officer, david gregory, david petraeus, disengagement, gen david petraeus, gen petraeus, insurgents, interviewer, meet the press, military assignment, nbc, sincerity, south asian country, state of affairs, summer deadline, taliban, unforgiving nature, war effort