Gemma Arterton suffers injuries while doing stunts for new filmMarch 29th, 2010 - 2:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 29 (ANI): Gemma Arterton was left with multiple injuries on the set of upcoming movie ‘Clash Of The Titans’, because she insisted on performing her own stunts.
The former Bond girl plays character Io opposite Sam Worthington and Ralph Fiennes in the big screen remake.
The actress spent a lot of time shooting scenes on top of a mountain in Tenerife, Spain and enjoyed the challenge of working in such difficult conditions.
“We were inside a crater in the volcano so the terrain was gravel and every time I fell over I was covered in wounds. But I loved doing my own stunts… I remember one day when Sam and I could only do an uphill spring four times because we were so breathless,” the Daily Star quoted Arterton as telling Scotland’s Sunday Mail.
“I spent 10 days fighting giant scorpions and I loved that because they were about the size of a house. We used animatronic scorpions, rather than computer-created things on green screen, so you had a real idea of a humongous claw - the size of a table - reaching out at you… It was crazy being dressed in these skimpy outfits because in the mornings it was minus 2C. Then, as the day went on, it would get up to 27C. So it started off freezing cold and then it got scorching. But I could handle it,” she added. (ANI)
- Arterton suffered multiple injuries during film shoot - Mar 29, 2010
- Movie Review - Clash of the Titans (2010) - Apr 02, 2010
- Revisiting 'Clash of Titans' will be interesting: Gemma Arterton - Oct 09, 2010
- Liam Neeson To Return In The Sequel Of 'Clash Of The Titans' - Dec 11, 2010
- Arterton not part of 'Clash of the Titans' sequel - Mar 30, 2011
- 'Clash of the Titans' conquers US box office - Apr 05, 2010
- Gemma Arterton talks about her love scenes with Jake Gyllenhaal - Sep 11, 2010
- 'Clash of The Titans' - a special effects joyride (IANS Movie Review, Rating: **) - Apr 02, 2010
- Worthington felt like an infant opposite Neeson in new film - Apr 02, 2010
- 'Wrath Of The Titans' boring, listless (IANS Movie Review) - Mar 31, 2012
- Ralph Fiennes to play baddie in new Bond film? - Feb 05, 2011
- Ralph Fiennes may star in 'Clash of the Titans' - Apr 09, 2009
- Everything changed since Bond film: Gemma Arterton (Interview) - May 02, 2010
- Albert Finney onboard for the new James Bond movie - Nov 01, 2011
- Gemma Arterton feels "fat" despite being size 8 - May 14, 2010
Tags: 2c, actress, bond girl, clash of the titans, daily star, film london, gemma arterton, gravel, new film, ralph fiennes, sam worthington, scorpions, scotland, shooting scenes, skimpy outfits, stunts, sunday mail, tenerife spain, volcano, wounds