Gear up for Sean Paul’s India concertsJuly 19th, 2012 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) World-famous Jamaican reggae artist Sean Paul is set for his maiden India visit and he will perform across the country starting Nov 1.
He promises to regale the audience with his hits and more as the concert coincides with the festive season here.
“India, get ready for my live show. The wait is finally over and now, for the first time ever, I’m excited to bring my live show to India. I can’t wait for my fans to join me where I’ll be performing all of your favourites and some new songs from my latest album,” Sean Paul said in a statement.
He is expected to belt out his hits “Get busy”, “Gimme the light”, “I’m still in love with you”, “Give it up to me”, “Baby boy” and “Never gonna be the same”, to name a few.
The international music sensation and pop star has set out on multiple international summer tours in support of his last two albums “Imperial Blaze” and “Tomahawk Technique”.
The Indian edition of Sean Paul Live In Concert is being presented and managed by Blue Note Entertainment, a promotion and event management company, which is foraying into the concert space for the first time.
The concerts are being strategised on a concept based on Diwali, which falls Nov 13 this year, said Fardeen Shirazi, creative head, Blue Note Entertainment.
“Interestingly our stage set-up and decor will comprise of mirrors, lights and crystals, something that hasn’t been explored before in India. We promise to give all his fans in India a night to remember,” he said.
The organisers hope for a good response.
“India is a huge market for international artists and we aim to capitalise on this opportunity. A lot of artists talk about ’staying on the grind,’ but few work harder than Sean Paul,” said Prashant Kumar, director (Operations), Blue Note Entertainment.
Kumar is also working towards Sean Paul concerts in Dubai and Nepal.
Sean Paul, 39, is a Grammy award-winning musician, and his hit studio albums include “Stage One”, “Dutty Rock”, “The Trinity” as well as “Imperial Blaze” and “Tomahawk Technique” (2012).
He has also contributed to soundtracks for films like “The Karate Kid”, “So You Think You Can Dance”, “Entourage” and “Step Up”.
- I make tea with weed: Sean Paul - Mar 31, 2012
- Akon starts India tour on birthday - Mar 24, 2011
- Cuban singer to go on US tour in June - May 25, 2011
- We packed the ego and made a song: Band member A.R. Rahman - Sep 10, 2011
- Bollywood has massive audience in world: Apache Indian (Interview) - Mar 08, 2011
- Mother and I respect each other's music: Rocker Dhaval Mudgal - Aug 07, 2012
- All that jazz: Warming up to Grammy awardee Larry Carlton - Dec 07, 2010
- 53rd Annual Grammy Awards Winners List - Feb 14, 2011
- Folk, rock, fusion music in Manali's cool air - Jun 02, 2012
- Why it's destination India for Bryan Adams and the like - Feb 10, 2011
- This 'iband' creates music on their palms (With Images) - Jul 22, 2012
- Pitbull excited about maiden visit to India - Nov 11, 2011
- Our music inspiration for youth: Kailash Kher - Feb 02, 2012
- Pakistani singer set for four-city India tour - Aug 20, 2010
- Stars, listeners bridge gap as music booms in India - Oct 30, 2011
Tags: baby boy, blue note, concert space, creative head, director operations, diwali, event management company, festive season, grammy award, huge market, india visit, international artists, international music, music sensation, new songs, organisers hope, reggae artist, sean paul, stage one, studio albums