Gazza leaves rehab in ex wife Sheryls careJuly 27th, 2008 - 10:40 am ICT by ANI
London, July 27 (ANI): Troubled Paul Gascoigne has left rehab after getting treated for booze and mental problems and is being looked after by his ex-wife Sheryl.
The 42-year-old is said to be on the mend, although he will occasionally return to the clinic for day care.
Sheryl, 43, is now looking after him.
“Sheryl’’s been a rock for Paul through these difficult times and is still standing by him, the Mirror quoted a pal, as saying.
“Over the past few months everyone’’s rallied around to give him the support he needs, none more so than Sheryl, he added.
The mum-of-two was a regular visitor of Gazza’’s in the Priory, Roehampton, southwest London.
Son Regan, 12, and stepdaughter Bianca, 21, also went to see him.
A source added: “There is no question these visits aided his recovery and helped him no end in getting better.”
Gazza checked into the clinic in June after collapsing at Kings Cross station in London. (ANI)
- Gazza may remarry his ex-wife - Jul 28, 2008
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Gascoigne back in Priory - Aug 27, 2008
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Gazza tells his family that he is determined to drink himself to death - Sep 13, 2008
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- Mum collapses in tears after grandson disowns Gazza - Jan 07, 2009
- Gazza accused of 'groping shopgirl' - Jul 20, 2010
- Gazza determined to beat his drink, drugs demons - Jan 24, 2009
- Gazza banned from watching TV documentary in which son disowns him - Jan 05, 2009
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Gazza checks into rehab again - Jul 15, 2010
- Gazza, Greaves, to undertake stage show - Mar 24, 2011
- Gazza to spend Xmas in rehab - Dec 10, 2008
- Gazza brands ex-wife Sheryl a wicked vulture - Feb 25, 2009