Gazza leaves rehab after freezing treatmentMarch 6th, 2009 - 6:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 06 (ANI): Football legend Paul Gascoigne, aka Gazza, has left rehab after undergoing the freezing treatment called Cryotherapy.
Gazza had checked into a facility to deal with his alcoholism, and underwent Cryotherapyin which the body is frozen upto 125C to invigorate the patient by pumping blood around the body.
The patient is supposed to wear thermal pants to protect from frostbite.
During the sessions, Gazza has to keep moving or his heart could stop. It lasts three minutes before he is led to a heated exercise room to use a bike and get his
temperature up, the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
Unlike massage or aromatherapy, cryotherapy is not a particularly relaxing or pleasurable experience, the source added.
The latest treatment pumps blood around the body at a faster rate, and increases the release of feel-good hormones.
Gazza checked out of ex-footballer Tony Adams Sporting Chance clinic in Hampshire after spending three months there, and has stayed off the booze and put on over a stone.
Paul is feeling like a new man. He has also been using sunbeds a lot as these make him look and feel better about himself. He says he feels exhilarated and revitalized after a freeze session, and sees it as a miracle cure to beat his mood swings, the source added.
Established in Japan, Cryotherapy activates temperature receptors in the skin, sending signals to the brain. (ANI)
- Gazza, Greaves, to undertake stage show - Mar 24, 2011
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza wants to change his name to 'Gassa' - Aug 29, 2012
- Gascoigne back in rehab following cocaine arrest - Oct 25, 2010
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- Gazza 'axed' from I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! - Jun 05, 2009
- Now, Gazza abandoned by best pal Gardner - Jun 06, 2009
- Gazza's drinking pal accused of telling absolute pack of lies in court - Feb 16, 2011
- Gazza's latest addiction - an iPad computer game - Sep 21, 2010
- Drunk Gascoigne taken to hospital after trashing Brit hotel with curry, puke and stubs - Oct 27, 2010
- Witness' failure to attend court delays Gazza 'drik-driving' care for 3rd time - Dec 14, 2010
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Rehab clinic asks media to stop "harassing" Gazza - Nov 21, 2010
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
Tags: alcoholism, booze, cryotherapy, exercise room, football legend, footballer, frostbite, gazza, hormones, miracle cure, mood swings, new man, paul gascoigne, pleasurable experience, pumps, sending signals, sporting chance, temperature receptors, three minutes, three months