Gazza is off alcohol, keen to unite with familyFebruary 21st, 2009 - 5:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 21(ANI): Fallen football legend Gazza aka Paul Gascoigne has told his family that he has got rid of his alcohol addiction, and is keen to reunite with them.
Gazza, who was disowned by his own son Reagan in the documentary called Saving Gazza, told his sister that he wants to reunite with his family, especially his son.
Ive not had a drink for weeks and this is the best Ive felt in a long time, the Mirror quoted him as saying.
Gazza also revealed that he was angry as most parts of the documentary were shot when he was at his lowest point.
Im so angry because I was unaware what was going on for large parts of the filming. It was unfair to film me at that time and not good for the kids, he said.
Id just come out of treatment when I arrived at Sheryls. The filming took place when I was at one of the lowest points of my life. Id been on the drink for months and cant remember Sheryl and Regan coming to see me in Portugal, he added.
However, Gazza, who has blown most of his 14million pound bank balance on booze, drugs and rehab, is keen to unite with his son Reagan, 12, who was featured in the documentary and start afresh.
I want to make it up to them and especially to Regan. But Im angry he was in the documentary at that age, he said. (ANI)
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- Gazza brands ex-wife Sheryl a wicked vulture - Feb 25, 2009
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- Gazza banned from watching TV documentary in which son disowns him - Jan 05, 2009
- Gazza believes he has one last chance to avoid death - Jan 02, 2009
- Mum collapses in tears after grandson disowns Gazza - Jan 07, 2009
- Gascoigne's ex-wife gets undisclosed libel damages from UK paper - Dec 18, 2010
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- Gazzas son reveals his terror of living with him - Jan 06, 2009
- Gazza devastated after son disowns him - Dec 29, 2008
- Gazza wants to reunite with his ex-wife - Mar 25, 2009
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Gazza accused of 'groping shopgirl' - Jul 20, 2010
- Ronald Reagan suffered from Alzheimer's while still in White House: Son - Jan 15, 2011