Gazza in denial about his mental healthMay 27th, 2008 - 2:24 pm ICT by admin
London, May 27 (ANI): Troubled former England football star Paul Gazza Gascoigne is in denial about his mental health problems and is trying to fix other rehab patients problems.
According to The Sun, the tormented England idol has been holding consultations with fellow patients at The Priory clinic because hes desperate to help them.
Gazza checked into rehab in London on Saturday after another bout of bizarre behaviour at a plush hotel. Staff called in police when they found the former Spurs midfielder mumbling incoherently and spinning in circles.
He will spend his 41st birthday today under the watchful eye of medics.
Alcoholic Gazza has been showering other people in the centre with gifts and holding one-to-one sessions to talk through their issues, sources said.
Medics believe he is in denial about his own condition and want him to concentrate on getting better.
The former Newcastle, Rangers, Everton and Lazio star has been warned by medics he must turn his boozy life around within weeks. In February, depressed Gazza spent three weeks in a mental hospital after suffering a breakdown.
Police detained the former England player under the Mental Health Act.
Liver expert Dr Rajiv Jalan, of University College, London, believes the former footballer could become a role model. (ANI)
- Gazza, Greaves, to undertake stage show - Mar 24, 2011
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Gazza may be jailed for druk driving - Nov 11, 2010
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gascoigne regrets turning down Fergie's Man U offer earlier in his career - Mar 09, 2011
- Witness' failure to attend court delays Gazza 'drik-driving' care for 3rd time - Dec 14, 2010
- Drunk Gascoigne taken to hospital after trashing Brit hotel with curry, puke and stubs - Oct 27, 2010
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- Gascoigne back in rehab following cocaine arrest - Oct 25, 2010
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- Rehab clinic asks media to stop "harassing" Gazza - Nov 21, 2010
- Gazza wants to turn Ironman to exorcise drink and drug demons - Feb 09, 2009
- Gazza checks himself into rehab clinic again - May 26, 2008
Tags: bizarre behaviour, england football, england player, fellow patients, football star, footballer, gascoigne, gazza, hotel staff, medics, mental health act, mental health problems, mental hospital, plush hotel, priory clinic, rajiv, rehab patients, spent three, university college london, watchful eye