Gazza cancels steak order for a knife!May 5th, 2008 - 1:22 pm ICT by admin
London, May 5 (ANI): Ex-England football star Paul Gazza Gascoigne horrified hotel staff by cancelling his order for a steak and asking them to bring him a knife.
Gazza made the drunken request yesterday soon after checking into a 232 pound a day room, reports The Sun.
Worried room service workers, however, turned down the request, fearing that he wanted to slash his wrists. Police were called into the room, where they looked on as Gazza tried to drown himself in the bath.
The former star was diagnosed with manic depression eight months ago. Gazza, a midfield legend with England and Spurs in the late 1980s and 90s, was taken to Londons Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, where he is undergoing mental tests.
Scotland Yard confirmed that a man had been taken away from the hotel voluntarily.
A spokesman said: “A man was causing concern at hotel premises and was taken to hospital for assessment. No offences were committed.” (ANI)
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- Drunk Gascoigne taken to hospital after trashing Brit hotel with curry, puke and stubs - Oct 27, 2010
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station, arrested (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station - Jun 12, 2012
- Gazza in new suicide scare - Nov 22, 2008
- Witness' failure to attend court delays Gazza 'drik-driving' care for 3rd time - Dec 14, 2010
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- I'm A Celeb reality show bosses kick Gazza out, replace him with ex-wife - Oct 24, 2009
- Drinking himself to death is Gazza''''s greatest fear - Feb 27, 2009
- Gazza's drinking pal accused of telling absolute pack of lies in court - Feb 16, 2011
- Young nuclear scientist found dead in his Kalpakkam quarters - Apr 24, 2012
- Did Houston mix prescription drugs with alcohol? - Feb 13, 2012
- Man held for stabbing two friends - Feb 21, 2011
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011