Gay people should have equality in law: RadcliffeFebruary 10th, 2012 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 10 (IANS) Actor Daniel Radcliffe wants to legalise gay marriage around the globe because he believes no human being should be denied the chance to love whoever they please.
The 22-year-old is thrilled by news that legislation banning gay unions in California has been overturned and ruled unconstitutional.
“The ultimate reason gay marriage should be legalised everywhere is because, as a kid, you look to your mum and dad and they’re married; then you look at the gay couple who’ve been together for the same amount of time, but because they can’t get married their relationship doesn’t seem the same,” contactmusic.com quoted Radcliffe as saying.
“Yes, gay marriage is about symbolically blessing a relationship, but the larger issue is about transmitting a fundamental message about equality. Gay people should have equality in law everywhere,” he added.
- UK royals urged to back gay marriages - Apr 25, 2011
- Gay laws: Britain may remove husband, wife terms - Mar 17, 2012
- Brad Pitt supports gay marriage - Jul 08, 2011
- George Takei celebrates new ruling over gay marriage - Aug 06, 2010
- Gay marriage is slavery: Catholic leader - Mar 05, 2012
- Cheryl Cole supports same-sex marriage - Jun 16, 2012
- Schwarzenegger backs gay marriage - Aug 07, 2010
- Argentina legalises same-sex marriage - Jul 16, 2010
- British gays not interested in marriage law - Jun 08, 2012
- Neil Patrick Harris announces engagement - Jun 27, 2011
- Vietnam hosts first gay parade - Aug 05, 2012
- Gay dad fights two lesbians over kids - Nov 09, 2010
- Marriage is only for a man and a woman: Julia Gillard - Mar 04, 2011
- Azad's comments on MSM shocking: Gay community - Jul 05, 2011
- Obama supports same-sex marriage (Lead) - May 10, 2012
Tags: amount of time, contactmusic, daniel radcliffe, equality, fundamental message, gay couple, gay marriage, gay unions, globe, legislation, london feb, marriage, mum and dad, relationship, unions in california