Gaurav Gera, Shweta Gulati in Bollywood musical ‘Jhumroo’March 21st, 2012 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, March 21 (IANS) TV actors Gaurav Gera and Shweta Gulati are set to play lead roles in “Jhumroo”, a Bollywood musical show inspired by legendary singer Kishore Kumar’s songs. It will be showcased at the Kingdom of Dreams here from next month.
Gaurav is popular for having played Nandu in hit series “Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin”, while Shweta is best remembered as Tia Ahuja in “Remix”.
According to a source, both the actors have shifted base from Mumbai to Gurgaon, the capital suburb, for training and rehearsals.
After the success of “Zangoora: The Gypsy Prince”, which featured Hussain Kuwajerwala, Gauhar Khan and Kashmira Irani, the Great Indian Nautanki Company, a joint venture between Wizcraft International Entertainment and Apra Group of Companies, is geared to launch “Jhumroo” next month. The date is not finalised yet.
Inspired by late maverick actor-singer Kishore Kumar, the musical comedy is packed with 19 Bollywood retro songs. While “Zangoora” incorporated songs from various eras of Bollywood, the prime attraction of “Jhumroo” is the evergreen music of Kishore da.
The story revolves around young boy Bhola, who leads a simple life in Mumbai. Bhola has just two dreams - first, to be a singing superstar and second, to express his love to Meena, a co-worker at the ad agency. Shweta plays Meena.
The musical, to be staged at the Nautanki Mahal of Kingdom of Dreams, is conceptualised and directed by Vikranth Pawar, the associate director of “Zangoora”.
- 'Jhumroo' - truly Kishore Kumar, truly Bollywood (Review) - Apr 06, 2012
- Kishoreda's last song to get new sounds for 'Jhumroo' - Aug 02, 2012
- Kishoreda's songs evergreen, 'Jhumroo' will work: Shweta - Mar 31, 2012
- Live shows give unmatched high: Gaurav Gera - Apr 04, 2012
- 'Zangoora' completes 100 shows, extended to 2011 - Dec 16, 2010
- Kingdom of Dreams to open at 10 destinations in China - Dec 06, 2010
- Bollywood musical 'Zangoora' set for world tour in 2012 - Jun 25, 2011
- Kishore Kumar's tunes inspire new musical 'Jhumru' - Jun 25, 2011
- Indian Broadway comes alive with colourful 'Zangoora' and Hussain - Sep 20, 2010
- Shaan brings Kishore Kumar's melodies alive - Mar 26, 2012
- Hussain Kuwajerwala all set for first-ever Bollywood musical - Jun 06, 2010
- 'Zangoora' monotonous, but worth all efforts: Hussain Kuwajerwala - Dec 07, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor named brand ambassador of year - Mar 22, 2011
- I would like to produce small films: Salman Khan - Aug 31, 2010
- 'Zangoora' stars walk the ramp at WIFW - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: ad agency, ahuja, associate director, bhola, eras, evergreen music, international entertainment, irani, kashmira, kingdom of dreams, kishore kumar, koi nahin, legendary singer, musical comedy, nandu, prime attraction, rehearsals, shweta gulati, tv actors, two dreams