‘Gattu’ first CFSI film to be released commercially: NanditaJuly 6th, 2012 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 6 (IANS) Nandita Das says that “Gattu” is the first work by Children’s Film Society, India to be released commercially.
” ‘Gattu’ is the first film that CFSI is releasing commercially. We also have a Kannada and an animation film coming up. ‘Gattu’ will be a gate opener for all of them,” Nandita told reporters Friday at the launch of Gattu’s promotional song - “Laga le pech”.
The film, starring Mohammas Samad as Gattu, has been directed by Rajan Khosa of “Dance of the Wind” fame.
Revealing the story, Khosa said that the film is about a nine-year-old street boy who is obsessed with flying kites. “He wants to cut this black kite called Kali and for this he needs a high roof. He realises that the school has one and pretends to go to the school and wins the heart of all children,” he added.
Director-producer Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra is supporting “Gattu” and says that the entertaining and wonderful story will take viewers back to their childhood days.
“I am proud that I am associated with ‘Gattu’. I will do whatever I can to support the film,” said Mehra.
“The film is about the have and have-not and the right to education. It is about all of us. I am sure it will be a lovely movie and I want to give it my entire support. Lower the budget, more are the challenges. The film seems entertaining and the story is wonderful. Let’s revisit our childhood through this film,” he added.
“Laga le pech” has been sung by Shubha Mudgal and child artists of “Gattu”. Lyrics are by Khosa and Ankur Tiwari and Sandesh Shandilya has composed it.
- 'Gattu' gets two awards at Los Angeles film fest - Apr 17, 2012
- Indian film industry ignores children: Nandita Das (Interview) - Jul 09, 2012
- Rebirth of children's film society - Nov 19, 2011
- Why can't Imtiaz make a children's movie? - Jul 19, 2012
- 'Gattu' delicately-threaded morality tale (IANS Movie Review) - Jul 19, 2012
- Double win for 'Gattu' at NY film fest - May 29, 2012
- India's biggest ever children's film festival gets underway - Nov 15, 2011
- New children's films are fun for adults as well - Jul 25, 2011
- Kite flying - old passion finds new celluloid expression - Jun 30, 2012
- Now, 'Gattu' going to Germany - Jun 25, 2012
- Watch out for mixed bag of movies this week (IANS Preview) - Jul 16, 2012
- Working in 55-year-old government structure not easy: Nandita - Jan 10, 2012
- Mainstream cinema not my cup of tea: Nandita Das - Apr 24, 2012
- Indian film 'Gattu' wins special mention at 62nd Berlinale - Feb 19, 2012
- I aim to bring powerful subjects on screen: Nandita Das - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: animation film, ankur, black kite, cfsi, challenges, child artists, childhood days, dance of the wind, fame, film society, gate opener, kannada, khosa, launch, mehra, mumbai, nandita das, samad, sandesh, wonderful story