Gary Coleman’s Funeral PostponedJune 5th, 2010 - 7:25 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
June 5, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): It seems that there will be sometime before Gary Coleman is laid to rest. His funeral was scheduled for this weekend in Utah but feud in his family over the custody of his dead body has delayed it.
Coleman’s wife Shannon Price had planned the funeral in Salt Lake City but it got postponed after his parents reportedly filed for legal control over their son’s dead body. Sue and Willie Coleman, his parents, who have been estranged from him for more than two decades, want his body to be delivered to his birthplace, Zion, Ill., where they live. In a statement, their lawyer said that they don’t want to fight with anyone and just want to bring their son home.
Coleman fell out with his parents in 1989 when he sued them and former business advisers for stealing from his $3.8 million trust fund. In February 1993, he won a $1,280,000 ruling in the case.
Shannon Price, Coleman’s ex-wife was legally empowered to make medical decisions on Coleman’s behalf and she instructed doctors to remove him from life support last week. She reportedly told that both of them had reconciled and were planning to remarry.
Coleman who had a history of ill health required daily dialysis. He was admitted to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, Utah, on 26th May 2010 after suffering injury in his head. He was on life support system and died two days later after the life support was removed.
- Gary Coleman Funeral Postponed Over Family Feud - Jun 05, 2010
- Gary Coleman Death Ruled As An Accident - Oct 07, 2010
- Gary Coleman's Fatal Fall: Causes and After-Effects - Jun 02, 2010
- Family Fued! Gary Coleman-Dead For Three Weeks-Has Another Funeral Delay - Jun 16, 2010
- Gary Coleman Wanted To Remarry Ex-Wife - Jun 08, 2010
- Gary Coleman's 1999 will leaves nothing for his ex-wife Shannon Price - Jun 09, 2010
- Gary Coleman's Wife Makes The Hardest Choice - May 31, 2010
- According to Gary Coleman's last wishes, there is going to be no funeral - Jun 20, 2010
- Lawyer: No funeral for Gary Coleman - Jun 17, 2010
- Gary Coleman requested not be taken off life support - Jun 15, 2010
- Gary Coleman Cremated Without A Funeral Ceremony - Jun 20, 2010
- Gary Coleman had a fatal fall due to weakness after a dialysis session - Jun 02, 2010
- Secret Behind Gary Coleman's Fatal Fall Revealed - Jun 02, 2010
- Gary Coleman Dies At 42 - May 29, 2010
- Gary Coleman died a divorcee, says his attorney - Jun 03, 2010
Tags: business advisers, decades, dialysis, doctors, gary coleman, ill health, lawyer, medical decisions, men at work, parents, pen men, provo utah, regional medical center, salt lake city, shannon price, trust fund, utah valley regional medical center, valley regional medical center, wife shannon, zion ill