Gary Coleman Dies At 42May 29th, 2010 - 2:22 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
May 29, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Gary Coleman, the former television child star died at 12:05 p.m. at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, where he had been in coma. On Wednesday, the 42 year old Gary was hospitalized following a head injury due to fall.
John Alcantar, Coleman’s manager said that he passed away quickly and peacefully soon after the removal of life support system. His wife Shannon Price and other close friends were by his bedside at the time of death.
Coleman had a history of bad health and was on daily dialysis. He had a heart surgery last year in which complications arose after he got pneumonia. He suffered from a congenital kidney disease, which hampered his growth leading to his small height.
Coleman rose to fame as a child actor after portraying the role of Arnold Jackson on the sitcom “Different Strokes’ from 1978 to 1986. The show was a huge success and Coleman in particular became the favourite of the audiences with his catchphrase “What’choo talkin’ ’bout, Willis?”
Tribute poured from everywhere for Coleman, starting with his Different Strokes’ co-star Charlotte Rae, who expressed her grief remembering him as a “charming’ man. Jamie Kennedy, another former child actor said that he was more than just a sitcom star. Kennedy added that Coleman was an inspiration for the comedians who wanted to carve a niche for themselves in showbiz.
- Former child TV star Gary Coleman "unconscious, on life support" in Utah hospital - May 28, 2010
- Gary Coleman in hospital - May 28, 2010
- Gary Coleman's Wife Makes The Hardest Choice - May 31, 2010
- 'Diff'rent Strokes' star Gary Coleman dead at 42 - May 29, 2010
- Secret Behind Gary Coleman's Fatal Fall Revealed - Jun 02, 2010
- "Diff'rent Strokes" Famed Actor Gary Coleman No More - May 29, 2010
- Actor Gary Coleman dies at 42 years, his acting career was short-lived - May 29, 2010
- Gary Coleman Arrested For Domestic Violence - Jan 25, 2010
- Gary Coleman's Fatal Fall: Causes and After-Effects - Jun 02, 2010
- Gary Coleman had a fatal fall due to weakness after a dialysis session - Jun 02, 2010
- Report: Former child star Gary Coleman hospitalized in Utah after fall - May 28, 2010
- No Funeral For Gary Coleman: Estate Battle Could Last Months - Jun 18, 2010
- Gary Coleman Dead At 42 From Brain Hemorrhage - May 29, 2010
- Gary Coleman Hospitalized After Fall - May 28, 2010
- Gary Coleman is in a critical condition at the hospital - May 28, 2010
Tags: arnold jackson, catchphrase, charlotte rae, charming man, child star, co star, different strokes, former child actor, gary coleman, head injury, heart surgery, jamie kennedy, kidney disease, regional medical center, shannon price, sitcom star, time of death, utah valley regional medical center, valley regional medical center, wife shannon