Gary Barlow may quit Kilimanjaro trek midway due to back injuryMarch 2nd, 2009 - 4:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 02 (ANI): Popstar Gary Barlow may not be able to make it to the top of mount Kilimanajro, as he is suffering from acute backache.
The Everything I Ever Wanted hitmaker has been walking with the help of two poles under the observation of two doctors.
Due to the injury caused by his tough training, Gary has been climbing the mountain on a slower pace, thus other participants including Cheryl Cole are also left behind.
However, the grueling training seems to have taken a toll on the pop star, as his doctors fear that he may undergo more pain while trekking.
The medics on the ground say his back should loosen up the more he walks but the fear is that he may trip over and really put his back out, the Daily Star quoted a source, as saying.
If that happens halfway up the mountain then we have serious problems, the source added.
Meanwhile, Cheryl revealed that the grueling training has taken a toll on her too, as she got blisters on her feet due to the training.
Ive got blisters on every toe of both feet. I sent my friend a text message the other night after a 12-mile walk on the treadmill, Cheryl said.
When I went to bed I honestly thought I wouldnt be able to get up in the morning, Cheryl added. (ANI)
- Gary Robbie indulges in a calorie war before 'Take That' tour - Mar 22, 2011
- Rowland has crush on Gary Barlow - Aug 24, 2011
- New Take That album coming out next year - May 23, 2012
- 'X-Factor' judges take dig at Barlow - Jun 07, 2012
- Gary Barlow to be dad again - Feb 20, 2012
- Barlow's candle-light romance with wife - Jun 18, 2012
- Take That friends forever: Barlow - Jun 05, 2012
- Canadian with no legs climbs Africa's highest peak - Jun 21, 2012
- Barlow devastated over stillborn baby - Aug 07, 2012
- Barlow's wife 'unimpressed' by fame - Dec 29, 2011
- Low-intensity treadmill exercise may benefit Parkinson's patients - Apr 13, 2011
- Stranded Driver Survives 40C Outback Trek - Jan 05, 2012
- Cole, Barlow to perform together at Buckingham Palace? - Jun 03, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth to honour Gary Barlow - Jun 10, 2012
- Celebs Begin Climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro - Mar 03, 2009
Tags: backache, blisters, cheryl cole, climbing the mountain, daily star, gary barlow, left behind, london, medics, observation, participants, pop star, popstar, slower pace, text message, treadmill, trek, two doctors