Garfield expected ‘The Social Network’ to be dullJanuary 24th, 2011 - 12:55 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 23 (IANS) “The Social Network” actor Andrew Garfield has admitted he didn’t think the film would be very exciting until he read the script.The 27-year-old who portrays ousted Facebook founder Eduardo Saverin in the film was initially sceptical about the subject matter, but quickly fell in love with the project, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“When I first heard about it, I was confused, like most people. It doesn’t conjure images of an exciting film when you hear the words ‘Facebook movie’,” he said.
“But then as soon as I knew who had written the script I thought, ‘Well, there must be something in it’ and of course, I was proved right upon reading it,” he added.
Andrew believes part of the appeal of the movie which follows the power struggle between the creators of Facebook is how there are no clearly defined good and bad characters.
“What’s wonderful about this film is that everyone feels they are the good guy. I don’t think anyone feels they are the bad guy. There are no villains, no heroes, just a bunch of human beings with different opinions of the situation,” he said.
- Andrew Garfield didn't expect 'The Social Network' to be exciting at first - Jan 23, 2011
- Andrew Garfield almost turned down 'The Social Network' role - Dec 28, 2010
- Sean Parker Talks 'The Social Network' And Justin Timberlake's Character - Oct 03, 2010
- Eduardo Saverin's Story In "The Social Network" - Oct 03, 2010
- "The Social Network" Gets A Mixed Reaction - Oct 02, 2010
- Stone says Garfield helped her improve - Aug 05, 2011
- Tyler Winklevoss Praises 'The Social Network' - Oct 03, 2010
- Wahlberg set to adapt TV series 'Entourage' into film - Jan 15, 2012
- Emma Stone nervous about 'Spider-Man' role - Dec 08, 2010
- I don't like bragging: Irrfan Khan - Jun 21, 2012
- "The Social Network" Creates Waves At Box Office - Oct 03, 2010
- Garfield 'will never fall out with Pattinson over Spiderman role' - Oct 13, 2010
- I want to bring alive first super-villain: Vivek Oberoi - Jan 19, 2012
- Garfield takes inspiration from Ledger for Spider Man role - Nov 26, 2010
- Prakash Raj main villain of 'Dabangg 2': Arbaaz - Oct 25, 2011