‘Gangs of Wasseypur 2′ promises high octane thrills (IANS Preview)August 7th, 2012 - 2:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 7 (IANS) Crime thriller “Gangs of Wasseypur” (GOW), based on real life story, wowed the audiences despite a high dose of gore and violence. Now part part two of the movie is releasing Wednesday and it is said to be taking violence and bloodshed to a new level.
The first part opened June 22 amid critical and commercial acclaim.
Centered around power, politics and rivalry among three families, the film explores revenge through the socio-political dynamic in Wasseypur, Jharkhand, also known for coal and scrap trade mafia.
While GOW-1 spans the 1940s to the 1990s, GOW-2 will be the culminating factor that will take the story forward from the 1990s till 2009.
“Gangs of Wasseypur 2″ is said to be a fitting conclusion to the vengeance story.
Written by Zeishan Quadri, who hails from Wasseypur, the film is co-produced by Anurag Kashyap and Sunil Bohra. Powerful performers like Manoj Bajpayee, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Tigmanshu Dhulia, Richa Chadda and Huma Qureshi form the cast of the movie.
More than 90 percent of the film has been shot in Uttar Pradesh to bring the right mood and feel to the story.
Both the parts were screened at the 65th Cannes International Film Festival and the just-concluded Osian film fest in the capital.
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur - Part 2' - more fast-paced, furious violence (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 09, 2012
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' runs houseful - Jun 22, 2012
- Tigmanshu Dhulia makes acting debut with 'Gangs of Wasseypur' - May 03, 2012
- Nawazuddin stays away from Rakhi - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' - a romp into raw, rugged heartland (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Jun 22, 2012
- Big B praises 'Gangs of Wasseypur' to the skies - Jun 24, 2012
- Watch love, crime sagas this weekend (IANS Preview) - Jun 19, 2012
- '...Wasseypur' premiere gets full house at Cannes (With Images) - May 23, 2012
- I'm Hindi actress, not Bollywood: Richa Chadda - Jun 18, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur' impresses Shridhar Raghavan - Jun 17, 2012
- People from outside Mumbai are very rooted: Tigmanshu Dhulia (Interview) - Aug 16, 2012
- Post GOW, Zeishan Quadri gets more acting offers - Aug 17, 2012
- Not dating Krystle D'Souza: Karan Tacker (TV Snippets) - Aug 06, 2012
- Gangs of Wasseypur very 'desi', fun film: Kashyap - May 03, 2012
- Ranbir redefining stardom: Nawazuddin - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: 1940s, cannes international film festival, chadda, crime thriller, film fest, fitting conclusion, gangs, gow, international film festival, kashyap, mafia, New Delhi, power politics, quadri, rivalry, spans, sunil, tigmanshu dhulia, vengeance, violence and bloodshed