Ganesh’s charisma propels ‘Galipata’ to the topFebruary 23rd, 2008 - 11:00 am ICT by admin
By R.G. Vijayasarathy
Bangalore, Feb 23 (IANS) “Galipata” still rules the Kannada music market, establishing Hari Krishna as a top league composer. The top five Kannada albums are:
1. “Galipata” - Golden star Ganesh, who is the hero of the film, has also pushed up the audio sales. Sonu Nigam’s “Minchaagi neenu baralu” and Chitra’s “Thadeem dheem thana” are the top songs.
2. “Gaja” - Mass oriented songs have contributed to Gaja’s big success in the music market. This is yet another feather in Hari Krishna’s cap. “Aithalakadi”, “Bangaari yaare nee bul bul”, and “Maathu nannolu” are the top songs.
3. “Milana” - Mano Murthy’s magical tunes have taken this album to the top. Sonu Nigam rocks with “Ninnindhale ninnindhale”. Other popular songs are “Anthoo inthoo preethi banthu” and “Male ninthu hodha mele”.
4. “Bindaas” - Guru Kiran scores some good compositions. The title song rendered by Puneet Raj Kumar is very popular. “Gubbachchi goodinalli” and “Thara thara ee thara” are also catchy.
5. “Sathya In Love” - This recently released album has become popular initially as it is from a hugely expected film of Shivaraj Kumar. The title song and “Lovely, lovely” have become popular.
Tags: bangalore, bul bul, charisma, chitra, gaja, ganesh, golden star, good compositions, guru, hari krishna, kannada music, kiran, music market, nee, popular songs, raj kumar, sathya, thana, thara, top songs