Ganesh’s appeal works for ‘Galipata’February 23rd, 2008 - 11:01 am ICT by admin
By R.G. Vijayasarathy
Bangalore, Feb 23 (IANS) Actor Ganesh’s films have the knack of doing well at the box office after the first few weeks. His “Galipata” continues the trend and tops the charts after four weeks. The top five Kannada films are:
1. “Galipata” - The film’s collections are likely to cross the Rs.80-million mark shortly.
2. “Gaja” - The film is in its fifth week and doing well in all major centres. Darshan has got his first super hit after a gap of nearly two years.
3. “Milana” - This is Puneet Raj Kumar’s biggest hit of 2007 and still running in some major centres. Directed by Prakash, the film is all set to reach the silver jubilee mark. Although it had a weak opening, the collections improved from the third week.
4. “Bindaas” - The new Puneet Raj Kumar film has got a huge opening. Though the film has elicited mixed responses, the collections have been fantastic.
5. “Aa Dinagalu” - The film may well complete a silver jubilee run in a Bangalore theatre. It is doing well in major centres, though its performance in B and C centres has not been satisfactory. The authentic narration of director Chaithanya and music director Ilayaraja’s music has led to the film’s success in major areas.