‘Gamyam’ tops the Telugu chartsApril 4th, 2008 - 9:06 am ICT by admin
By Prema R.
Hyderabad, April 4 (IANS) “Gamyam” tops the Telugu films list that more or less has the same old movies. The top five films are: 1. “Gamyam” - Debutant director Radhakrishna (Krish) spins a nice yarn - a tale filled with emotions which shows the transformation of the hero and his outlook towards life after his encounters with different people in different parts of his road journey.
Inspired to some extent by “The Motorcycle Diaries”, “Gamyam” has a refreshing feel. Although made in the commercial genre, “Gamyam” makes for a meaningful and worthwhile watch with a good script and good performances by Allari Naresh, Sharwanand and Kamalinee Mukherjee. The film has got critical acclaim and is being appreciated by the audience too. Theatres have introduced more shows of this movie.
2. “Krishna” - This Sankranti release is still going strong. It has been running in theatres for two months now. It is the first hit of the year too. V. Vinayak had chosen a rather stereotypical story, but Ravi Teja ably carried it on his shoulders.
3. “Aatadista” - Nitin and Kajal Aggarwal’s film directed by Ravi Kumar Chowdhary is an average entertainer doing average business.
4. “Ontari” - It has all the usual ingredients - action, romance and comedy. Gopichand does a good job in the lead role. Debutante Bhavana Balachandran puts in a good performance and is being talked about as an actress with potential. Though the first half of the film is good, the second part does not sustain the interest of viewers and slows down the pace of the film.
5. “Swagatham” - Dasarath’s sentimental flick seems to have been welcomed by the audience as it is still in the theatres. Though an old, stereotypical story with nothing new about it, “Swagatham” seems to be luring family audiences as it does not have any violence. The performances of Jagapathi Babu, Bhumika Chawla and Anuskha are the main highlights.
- 'Krishna', 'Gamyam' top among Telugu films - Mar 20, 2008
- 'Nuvva Nena' entertaining comic fare; Enjoy!(Telugu Movie Review) - Mar 18, 2012
- 'Krishna' tops Telugu film charts - Feb 22, 2008
- 'Vedam' deftly weaves together many stories (Telugu Film Review) - Jun 06, 2010
- 'Vedam' completes shooting - Apr 22, 2010
- 'Ishta'- an effort gone waste (Kannada Film Review) - Oct 22, 2011
- 'Sudigaadu', fun all the way (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 26, 2012
- "Madatha Kaja" - nothing new on offer (Telugu Movie Review) - Oct 02, 2011
- ‘Jai Bolo Telengana’ Movie Preview: History Retold - Jan 06, 2011
- Akshay Kumar: Money Doesn’t Rule His Decisions In Making Films - Jan 10, 2011
- Woman delivers while watching comedy film 'Sudigadu' (With Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- Priyamani only saving grace in 'Saadhyam' (Telugu Movie Review) - Mar 07, 2010
- Newcomer Aadi carries 'Prema Kaavali' on his shoulders (Telugu Movie Review) - Feb 27, 2011
- 'Crazy Loka' - good actors wasted (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 09, 2012
- Watch 'Gaana Bajana' for Radhika, Tarun (Kannada Movie Review) - Oct 31, 2010
Tags: aggarwal, balachandran, bhavana, bhumika chawla, chowdhary, commercial genre, family audiences, film 5, gopichand, jagapathi babu, kajal, kamalinee mukherjee, krish, motorcycle diaries, nitin, ontari, ravi teja, road journey, telugu films, top five films