‘Gaja’ tops Kannada music chartsMarch 18th, 2008 - 9:15 am ICT by admin
By R.G. Vijayasarathy
Bangalore, March 18 (IANS) Hari Krishna’s lilting music for Kannada film “Gaja” continues to keep the album at the top of the charts. The top five Kannada albums are:
1. “Gaja”: The film’s box-office success has contributed significantly to the album’s sales. “Aithalakadi”, “Maathu Nannolu”, and “Bangaari Yaare Nee Bulbul” are the top songs.
2. “Galipata”: Hari Krishna has scored with this Ganesh film as well. Sonu Nigam’s “Minchaagi Neenu Baralu” is the pick of the album.
3. “Sathya In Love”: The film is yet to be released, but the album has already become a big hit in the market. “Sereyaadhalu Sereyaadhalu” and “Nodalivalu Lovely, Lovely” are the top songs.
4. “Nanda Nanditha”: It is surprising that the album of the film, which features newcomers in lead roles, has become such a hit. The credit goes to one of the songs. This is a feather in the cap of music director Emil, a one-time assistant of Malayalam composer Jessie Gift.
5. “Milana”: For the first time in many months, an album of Mano Murthy has been pushed to the fifth place!
Tags: box office success, bulbul, emil, gaja, hari krishna, jessie, kannada film, lilting music, milana, murthy, music charts, music director, nanda, s box, s sales, sathya, sonu nigam, time assistant, top of the charts, top songs