‘Gaja’ rocks Kannada box officeApril 16th, 2008 - 9:36 am ICT by admin
By R.G. Vijayasarathy
Bangalore, April 16 (IANS) Darshan starrer “Gaja” holds the top position among Kannada films and is expected to complete 100 days at many centres. The top five Kannada films are:
1. “Gaja” - It was released as the first Kannada movie of the year. It will be completing a 100-day run shortly. The film, which had a fantastic opening, continued to do well in the later period also. Darshan always enjoyed huge openings, but for the first time his film has continued to stay on top for such a long period.
2. “Galipata” - The film is still continuing to do well in city centres and may well complete 100 days shortly. Though the collections in semi-urban and rural centres have not been so good compared to collections in urban centres, the film is certain to get some good profits for the producers.
3. “Gooli” - Though the film has not been getting the response it got in the first week, this Sudeep starrer directed by P. Sathya is certainly in the profitable zone. That is because the cost of the film was around Rs.30 million and even the distributors will make some small profits.
4. “Nanda Nanditha” - The film is in the hit category mainly because of the cost. And the huge openings for the film ensured good collections in the first week. The success of the film is due to the popularity of one song. The producer will be the major beneficiary because he released the film on his own.
5. “Sathya In Love” - The film was made with a huge budget. Although the collections in the first two weeks have not been so satisfactory, the film earned some good revenue in the first week because it was released simultaneously in around 90 centres. Whether the collections will improve during summer holidays is to be seen.
Tags: 30 million, bangalore, beneficiary, box office, budget, collections, darshan, films, gaja, gooli, nanda, period 2, popularity, producers, profits, rocks, sathya, sudeep, summer holidays, urban centres