‘Gaja’ overtakes ‘Galipata’ in Kannada film raceMarch 18th, 2008 - 8:56 am ICT by admin
By R.G. Vijayasarathy
Bangalore, March 18 (IANS) “Gaja” has marched ahead of other popular Kannada films like “Galipata” and “Bindaas” to grab the No.1 spot in the charts. The top five Kannada films are:
1. “Gaja”: The film has made it to the top of the list by its steady performance through 11 weeks.
2. “Bindaas”: This Puneet Raj Kumar-starrer has sustained its run in major centres like Bangalore, Mysore, Hubli and Davanagere. But in other centres the collections have shown a downslide.
3. “Galipata”: The film has completed 50 days in around 30 centres. The question is whether it will make it to the 100-day mark in at least a few centres? The collections are showing a drop in many centres. The film may not turn out to be a big hit as the earlier Ganesh-starrers.
4. “Nanda Nanditha”: For the film’s hero Yogeesh, it is his second film. He had portrayed the role of Loose Mada in his first film “Duniya” directed by Soori. The role had struck a chord among the audiences.
5. “Aa Dinagalu”: The film is a hit in major centres but has not been received so well in B and C centres. It is still a reasonable success for debutant director Chaithanya.