‘Gaja’ leads among Kannada filmsApril 5th, 2008 - 10:07 am ICT by admin
By R.G. Vijayasarathy
Bangalore, April 5 (IANS) “Gaja”, which has completed 80 days, tops the Kannada popular films list this fortnight. The top five films are:
1. “Gaja” - The film is racing to the 100-day mark in many centres. The fights, songs and the comedy - served in a good package - have made this Darshan starrer a huge hit.
2. “Gooli” - The opening of this Sudeep starrer has been fantastic. The film, directed by P. Sathya and produced by Ramu, had rocked in the first week. The collections have dropped in the second week, but trade pundits say during the coming summer holidays the film will draw big crowds.
3. “Nanda Nanditha” - If you consider the cost of its production and the revenue it has earned in the last two weeks, this film with newcomer Yogesh in the lead is certainly a big hit.
4. “Bindaas” - Actor Puneet Raj Kumar’s film is still going strong in the Mysore and northern Karnataka distribution areas. Its collections have to be watched now as “Sathya In Love”, which has Puneet’s brother Shivaraj Kumar in the lead, has been released just a few days ago.
5. “Galipata” - It has completed 75 days in Bangalore and other major centres. But the collections have not been so good. “Galipata” may just run for 100 days in a few centres.